What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Odd 'official' smiley on WLM

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Odd 'official' smiley on WLM
Author: Message:
Mr. Bougo

33 / Male / –
O.P. Odd 'official' smiley on WLM
A friend of mine discovered some crazy hidden smiley (pretty hidden, heh, I couldn't find any info about this on the web)

It looks like this: [Image: wtfkf6.png]

It has a standard size (like every other official smiley)

The shortcut is "*mod" (without the quotes) (you can test it! tell me if it works... I use the last 8.1.0178.00 French version of WLM)

Odd, isn't it?

This post was edited on 02-20-2007 at 12:12 PM by Mr. Bougo.
02-20-2007 12:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Odd 'official' smiley on WLM
Not really, it's just a hidden emoticon which the live team intended to put in..
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
02-20-2007 12:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mr. Bougo

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Odd 'official' smiley on WLM
quote:
Originally posted by .OxY
Not really, it's just a hidden emoticon which the live team intended to put in..

Umm, I'd say it can't be anything else :p

I just wanted to share it, I had never heard about this one before...
02-20-2007 12:17 PM
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
see "any one know how to do the hidden emos".

This post was edited on 02-20-2007 at 12:19 PM by Kenji.
02-20-2007 12:18 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Kinda old news...its for something like every Messenger Nickname its in Microsoft Donates a certain amount of money to a charity (cant remember which).
02-20-2007 12:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by http://www.mess.be

SCOOP #2: Hidden emoticon in 8.1 for a good cause
dwergs says:

One important and worthy change in the just released Windows Live Messenger 8.1, is a new and currently still secret emoticon that will raise money for a good cause when used.

ninemillion emoticons in windows live messenger 8.1

ninemillion.org, a "UN Refugee Agency led campaign to raise awareness and funds for education and sport programs for refugee youth, many of whom are forced to spend years of their young lives away from home with little hope of returning." Microsoft partnered with them and will donate money for every Live search performed at this site until March 31st 2007. They also have special Windows Live Space about the agency and we just learned from Inky that Windows Live Messenger 8.1 is also involved in the fundraising. If you put one of the shortcuts below in your display name, Microsoft will contribute to ninemillion.org every time you start a conversation.

*sierra
*bgca
*9mil
*hsus
*komen
*one
*mssoc
*care
*acs
*oxfam
*mod
*help
*red+u
*unicef
*wwf
*naf

This has yet to be announced officially so we have no idea whether they're already tracking this, but if you already downloaded Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0178 it wouldn't hurt putting of these keyboard shortcuts in your nickname and start chatting :) Expect people wondering where you got the new emo from!

It's been two years since a new emoticon was introduced into Messenger, and this is a respectable way to do it! It's a bit like the nickname advertising that exists in China, but in a noble way.

UPDATE: If you right-click someone with the i'm emoticon, you'll see a new menu item called What is i'm that links to a yet unavailable website about the campaign.
02-20-2007 12:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mr. Bougo

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Odd 'official' smiley on WLM
quote:
Originally posted by Felu
quote:
Originally posted by http://www.mess.be

SCOOP #2: Hidden emoticon in 8.1 for a good cause
dwergs says:

One important and worthy change in the just released Windows Live Messenger 8.1, is a new and currently still secret emoticon that will raise money for a good cause when used.

ninemillion emoticons in windows live messenger 8.1

ninemillion.org, a "UN Refugee Agency led campaign to raise awareness and funds for education and sport programs for refugee youth, many of whom are forced to spend years of their young lives away from home with little hope of returning." Microsoft partnered with them and will donate money for every Live search performed at this site until March 31st 2007. They also have special Windows Live Space about the agency and we just learned from Inky that Windows Live Messenger 8.1 is also involved in the fundraising. If you put one of the shortcuts below in your display name, Microsoft will contribute to ninemillion.org every time you start a conversation.

*sierra
*bgca
*9mil
*hsus
*komen
*one
*mssoc
*care
*acs
*oxfam
*mod
*help
*red+u
*unicef
*wwf
*naf

This has yet to be announced officially so we have no idea whether they're already tracking this, but if you already downloaded Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0178 it wouldn't hurt putting of these keyboard shortcuts in your nickname and start chatting :) Expect people wondering where you got the new emo from!

It's been two years since a new emoticon was introduced into Messenger, and this is a respectable way to do it! It's a bit like the nickname advertising that exists in China, but in a noble way.

UPDATE: If you right-click someone with the i'm emoticon, you'll see a new menu item called What is i'm that links to a yet unavailable website about the campaign.

Hey! Thank you :D

Nice info

(I don't get the right-click menu when I click... Maybe because of the French version)
02-20-2007 12:22 PM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bougo
Hey! Thank you :D

Nice info

(I don't get the right-click menu when I click... Maybe because of the French version)

It just says What's IM? and redirects you to msn.com. You should be able to see it if you right-click any contact with the :im: emoticon on their nicks.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
02-20-2007 12:38 PM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by q25
It just says What's IM? and redirects you to msn.com. You should be able to see it if you right-click any contact with the  emoticon on their nicks
It redirects you to msn.com currently. I think there will be a new webpage for it shortly :P.
02-20-2007 12:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5B4...30829E!25315.entry

The offical WLM has just told the world about the :im: emoticon.

But to summarize the blog:

The donation is JUST FOR the users in United States as of the time of this post.

Different codes to get the :im: emoticon support different organizations, listed in their blog post.

Only the 1st :im: code listed will be used for donations. All others would become 'regular' emoticons.

Users will only see :im: in version 8.1, or higher in the future.

This post was edited on 03-01-2007 at 09:17 PM by Nagamasa.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6556 days, 22 hours, 18 minutes, 58 seconds ago.

03-01-2007 09:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: