What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Members behaviour towards new people!

Pages: (10): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 » Last »
Members behaviour towards new people!
Author: Message:
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Members behaviour towards new people!
quote:
Originally posted by HSV
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
HSV: i don't think the rep system is at fault here, if anything i believe those who abuse that system should be punished (repping bannage or complete bannage when theres calling names etc involved)
i think it has something to do with it,

The rep system does not really have anything to do with members picking on new members.
02-22-2007 06:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Members behaviour towards new people!
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
I do not remember any names, i dont really remember new members names unless there active. oh actually  i can remember 1 new member you picked on when he first joined because he did not read the rules and he spammed the forum alot, that members name is "discrate".
ddunk's reply to Official Msgplus Chat Channel?
Deja vu much?

As far as us "picking on you": [Image: violin.gif]
What we supposedly did to you on the forums (which is the matter on hand here, NOT irc) when you joined the forums two and a half years ago says absolutely nothing about how "most" people from IRC are abusing new members right now. Sure, I admit, we're not perfect, there's bound to be a few shots fired and some bad behavior, but no one (or group of people) is (are) perfect. But I can assure you, "most" of the people on IRC are not behind this.

This post was edited on 02-22-2007 at 06:55 AM by ddunk.
02-22-2007 06:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
IRC banana channel topic.
Topic is "It mostly the people who hang around on the irc who pick on the new members, so really most of you guys are morons" << Guess who!?@#!? (it was Discrate for you silly kids who got yourself banned... again)
02-22-2007 07:00 AM
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
IRC banana channel topic.
Topic is "It mostly the people who hang around on the irc who pick on the new members, so really most of you guys are morons" << Guess who!?@#!? (it was Discrate for you silly kids who got yourself banned... again)

Great. Now, what relevance does that have?
02-22-2007 07:17 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
The forum will be what we make of it -- bitching about the same stuff over and over again isnt going to change it, if you dont like it, then logout and dont ever log back in or come back.
Funny as it is exactly that what many regulars already have done, for certain reasons....

quote:
Originally posted by ddunk
Not one regular on IRC negatively repped the person mentioned at the start of this topic.
This isn't about 1 person, this is about the general community.

Talking about IRC: Funny as it is again exactly why many regulars already have left IRC, for certain reasons....

quote:
Originally posted by dotNorma
The only real problem here is that this exact same thread gets reposted every other month.
And some people wonder why....

The sole fact that something like this happens 'every month' says enough for me, and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that.... And no, it is not that those people like to rant.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-22-2007 07:47 AM
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Talking about IRC: Funny as it is again exactly why many regulars already have left IRC, for certain reasons....
Funny how many people have left for forums for certain reasons too...
02-22-2007 07:49 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
You wanna start comparing or something and mentioning names? You would be realy surprised to know how many people already left for the reasons talked about in these 'rants'.

Or maybe that is just it, some are too ignorant to even see that they drive people away with their immature and crap behaviours.

And the point is that not much is done about it, instead constantly "whatever", "its the time of the month", "old news", and other ignoring thougts are posted when someone tries to speak up and do something about it.

FYI, those rant threads will not go away and will only popup more regulary.

Also, closing this thread is not going to fix those problems either.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-22-2007 07:59 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Members behaviour towards new people!
quote:
quote:
quote:
You wanna start comparing or something and mentioning names? You would be realy surprised to know how many people already left for the reasons talked about in these 'rants'.

Or maybe that is just it, some are too ignorant to even see that they drive people away with their immature and crap behaviours.

And the point is that not much is done about it, instead constantly "whatever", "its the time of the month", "old news", and other ignoring thougts are posted when someone tries to speak up and do something about it.

FYI, those rant threads will not go away and will only popup more regulary.

Also, closing this thread is not going to fix those problems either.

I agree with everything your saying! hardly anything is done.
02-22-2007 08:04 AM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Seems like I am going to post here after all, even if I said to myself that I would stay out of this thread. Without agreeing or disagreeing, let me post a quick comment:

quote:
quote:
It mostly the people who hang around on the irc  who pick on the new members, so really most of you guys are morons
Wow. Seriously. Fuck off. You've been on IRC like, three times? The first time you decide you want to flame the fuck out of us, then when you come back you expect us to be nice to you? Really?

Not one regular on IRC negatively repped the person mentioned at the start of this topic. Don't bring personal vendettas into this just because we aren't nice to you because you annoyed us first.

Even if we pick on new members in #banana it shouldn't be related back here, I know this might sound silly but #banana isn't officially related to Plus! anymore, it's just the most popular chat channel where the members meet. There is an official chat channel (#msgplus.chat), and if you would get picked on there you could report us and we would deserve getting banned.
On the forums I try to act as properly as possible, not "flaming" people for doing various things (I many, however, rant a bit about it on #banana, because that is somewhere else). If the member happens to be in that channel, he will of course get insulted, but he doesn't have to drag it to the forums.
In short, what I am trying to say is what is happening in #banana should be kept in #banana and not be dragged to the forums.
And now I'm gonna try to make and example of what I mean, which will probably be extremely bad:
Imagine that you are in a classroom (this is the forum), and you start talking crap about the teacher (and somehow breaking the school rules that say that no craptalking of teachers is allowed). You would then be taken to the principals office.
Now, on the break (official MsgPlus IRC channels) you and your friends are talking crap about the teacher, but no teacher is there so nothing happens to you - but if a teacher came or someone would tell about it to a teacher you would be again taken to the principals office because you were in school.
Finally, after school somewhere else (unofficial IRC channels), you and your friends are of course talking about the teacher. Suddenly, the teacher walks in and hears everything. But because it's not in school he can't enforce the school rules and nothing would happen to you, except your relation to the teacher would become worse. So, stuff you do outside school would carry over to school, but the consequences wouldn't be the same.

Because this example is so great, I will also use it to show how generalizing is bad:
Say the place outside school was a popular gathering place for the students, and the teacher would know this. He would assume that everyone is there, so next day in school he mentions that he is disappointed because all students are unfriendly towards him, even if a part of the class haven't ever been to the place. Also, some students might have been doing something else, so they were falsely accused.

I don't feel like I am being rude towards new members, so some times when someone says that "the people on IRC are morons" I feel falsely accused. However, if I'm rightly accused for doing something I need to be able to accept it. I'm guessing others are feeling like this as well.

None of my comments were aimed at anyone particular, and the examples are made up by me (that's why they are silly). I would also appreciate if you didn't quote me as "people on IRC" either.
[Image: signature.php]
02-22-2007 08:12 AM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Negatives are okay, being aggresive in them is not.
You win one internets. If people feel that it's just to give a neg - such as this case, there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to. As long as it's to be helpful I don't see anything wrong with it.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

02-22-2007 08:13 AM
Pages: (10): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites