What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » My MSN is all broked. Login issue.

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
My MSN is all broked. Login issue.
Author: Message:
stacichu

RE: My MSN is all broked. Login issue.
I already did the system restore but that didn't help. However, I uninstalled Windows Live and installed 7.5, and I'm able to sign in. But I prefer using Windows Live so I reinstalled it..

I tried the reg file, but I'm not sure if I was doing the right thing. I did delete a MSNMessenger folder though..

Still isn't working.
10-16-2006 09:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
SorrowLane

I did this but I can't add somebody to my contacts. He doesn't receive the application.
Please help me :(
10-17-2006 10:55 AM
Victoria

– / Female / Flag
Please read: Victoria's reply to MSN not signing in :)
10-17-2006 11:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
SorrowLane

I uninstall everything (Live Mess and Live Plus!), delete the registry keys and the cache folders, install everything again (Live Mess, MessPatch and Live Plus!). And now it works.
But, Victoria I love U (for help us to resolve this problem).
10-17-2006 12:00 PM
rachidnl

Hey guys, just stumbled on this thread through Google. I've got the same problem. I thought it simply had something to do with my account, but appearently it really could be because I have a non-hotmail passport, just like you guys.

I'm now using Web Messenger. Can't think of any solution..

Cheers!
10-17-2006 07:15 PM
garym71

– / Male / –
Nice one Victoria!! (Y) I'm an IT tekkie and even I was pulling my hair out over this one :S

I knew it wasn't an ISP or MSN Service problem as it worked fine on my laptop through the same router and broadband connection. It only started happening a few days ago and I have no idea why as I've not installed any updates to WLM *-) I guess I'll never know but at least I now know how to fix it if it does happen again.

Thanks again...you're a (*)
10-17-2006 07:46 PM
fatworm2000

Thanks for the fix. I have been struggling with this all day (and am up far too late at night!) but the registry fix worked great for me. Maybe the kids will start talking to me again - everyone was convinced it was something I had done.  Apparently not (other than apply some ms updates and then reboot!) Thanks again!
10-17-2006 11:54 PM
Hobojangles

I have a similar issue.

I've tried everything posted ont he first 2 pages (i haven't looked at the 3rd yet, i was expecting it to be a list of thanks) and nothing has worked.

I have exactly the same symptoms as everyone else, it's only the one account that won't log in on Live, any other account will login on Live, i can log in with the account on default messenger, i can check emails and everything, jsut not log in while using Live.

The one difference between my problem and those described by others is that, mine comes up with the error after about 5 seconds (the average amount of time taken to log in on any other account) and the "Hobojangles is now online" tihng pops up on other peoples PC's a few seconds after it errors. When troubleshooting it's all ticks, but it still doesnt work, the methods described by Victoria that work for everyone don;t work for me.

This sucks :cry:
03-01-2007 11:59 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: