What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM Freeze On a Certain Email Account (Not error)

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
WLM Freeze On a Certain Email Account (Not error)
Author: Message:
bbymocha

O.P. WLM Freeze On a Certain Email Account (Not error)
Hi, my Windows Live Messenger (WLM) 8.0 is experiencing freezing problem upon signing in. This problem happened a week ago. I have tried uninstalling and installing the newest version and installing the older versions of WLM but none of them worked. And this problem only happens to one of my email address (hotmail) account, I have another gmail account and I could sign on WLM with that email with no problem.

I pressed the button "Sign in" and sometimes it would successfully load the buddy list but freeze after, or sometimes it would freeze before it even reaches to the buddy list window. When I press CTRL+ALT+DEL, the "Status" next to WLM is "Not Responding".

At first I thought it was just loading the buddy list, but I have waited 30 minutes and it was still frozen :/

Again, this only happens on one of my email account (hotmail). I could log in to WLM with no problem with my gmail account. This is really annoying me and I would appreciate help from you guys.

Thank you in advance. ~

P.S. And no this is not some MSN error code 81000378 problem.

This post was edited on 03-03-2007 at 10:18 PM by bbymocha.
03-03-2007 10:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Cool Fruits

Help Me help YOU <_<

33 / Male / –
RE: WLM Freeze On a Certain Email Account (Not error)
Hmmmm well you could have someone spamming you with huge numbers of words each time you sign in, which would overload the max no. of characters allowed which would take ages to show. It looks like your msn is consuming to much memory... How many add-ons do you have installed? Stuffplugs content stealer has various bugs disable it if you get the chance it causes these sorts of problems. Also has your email address been removed from hotmail due to inactivity. Doesn't seem like it 8,0 is a beta version isn't it???? Try and install 8.1 the STABLE version build. That might fix it. Check your account settings in MSN througherly..

I wish people would tell me what darn add-ons they have installed :( so I could help more...
Here to help =)
03-04-2007 06:36 AM
bbymocha

O.P. RE: WLM Freeze On a Certain Email Account (Not error)
quote:
Originally posted by Cool Fruits
Hmmmm well you could have someone spamming you with huge numbers of words each time you sign in, which would overload the max no. of characters allowed which would take ages to show. It looks like your msn is consuming to much memory... How many add-ons do you have installed? Stuffplugs content stealer has various bugs disable it if you get the chance it causes these sorts of problems. Also has your email address been removed from hotmail due to inactivity. Doesn't seem like it 8,0 is a beta version isn't it???? Try and install 8.1 the STABLE version build. That might fix it. Check your account settings in MSN througherly..

I wish people would tell me what darn add-ons they have installed (Smilie) so I could help more...

I don't think my friends spammed me. And even IF they did, I tried waiting for it to load... after an hour, it was still frozen. (I dont think it takes an hour to load even my buddylist o_O) This freezing problem only happens to this hotmail account that I've been using. (Been using for almost 3 years, had no problems before until now.) I have no problem logging in WML and loading my buddylist or doing anything on my Gmail account.

I don't know what add-ons you are talking about.. I don't think I have any besides "Messenger Plus Live!". And no my email address isn't removed and is still active.

I don't know what the "Stuffplugs content stealer" you are talking about :( And I have tried the newest version (8.1 Beta) of MSN and all the 8.0 versions.

Tell me if you need more information about my msn >.< and thank you for trying to help :)

This post was edited on 03-04-2007 at 07:40 AM by bbymocha.
03-04-2007 07:37 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
8.1 is now final (download here)

Try that and see if it solves the problem.
[Image: jumbled.png]
03-04-2007 02:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bbymocha

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

I just installed it and tried... Froze upon sign in also :/ Left it frozen for 30 minutes to see if it was just lag, but no ;(

Thanks for trying >__<

This post was edited on 03-04-2007 at 08:35 PM by bbymocha.
03-04-2007 08:35 PM
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by bbymocha
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

I just installed it and tried... Froze upon sign in also :/ Left it frozen for 30 minutes to see if it was just lag, but no ;(

Thanks for trying >__<
If your contacts are not too try to save it,delete contacts(from hotmail)re-login,restore contacts and tell us if it froze again

Moreover Try to delete msn cache...:
Star--->Run
Digit "%temp%" without the quotes
and delete a folder called MessengerCache

This post was edited on 03-04-2007 at 08:59 PM by TheGuruSupremacy.
03-04-2007 08:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bbymocha

O.P. RE: RE: WLM Freeze On a Certain Email Account (Not error)
quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacyIf your contacts are not too try to save it,delete contacts(from hotmail)re-login,restore contacts and tell us if it froze again

Moreover Try to delete msn cache...:
Star--->Run
Digit "%temp%" without the quotes
and delete a folder called MessengerCache

I tried deleting the msn cache folder... Didn't work ;(

I don't really get what you mean by the bolded part. I can't even click anything after it's frozen >_< it freezes right when i reach my buddy list, and i cannot click anything after that.

I gave my friend my pw and told him to sign on my email on his computer, unfortunately it froze on his computer also. I guess there's something wrong with my ACCOUNT :/

I tried using Web messenger to sign in my email today, and it WORKS. I don't know why the WEB messenger works and the original messenger itself don't work =/

This post was edited on 03-06-2007 at 06:54 AM by bbymocha.
03-06-2007 06:53 AM
Cool Fruits

Help Me help YOU <_<

33 / Male / –
Well im guessing that your not allowing active x or javascript.. hmmmm well msn uses these to run i think.. not to sure but well anyway...
let me ask a few questions:
1. do you have a firewall (you better lol) what type is it?
2. whats your internet type, ADSL, ISDN, dial-up, satellite etc.
3. what web messenger did you use?
4. when did this start happening.

answer me that and i'll try to help you out here.

in the mean time use the webmessenger. and do me a favor make a NEW msn account like: me_iamme@hotmail.com (wtc.) and log into that one import a few contacts and see if it freezes. long boring work but if it works i can help you further.
Here to help =)
03-06-2007 10:05 AM
bbymocha

O.P. RE: RE: WLM Freeze On a Certain Email Account (Not error)
quote:
Originally posted by Cool Fruits
Well im guessing that your not allowing active x or javascript.. hmmmm well msn uses these to run i think.. not to sure but well anyway...
let me ask a few questions:
1. do you have a firewall (you better lol) what type is it?
2. whats your internet type, ADSL, ISDN, dial-up, satellite etc.
3. what web messenger did you use?
4. when did this start happening.

answer me that and i'll try to help you out here.

in the mean time use the webmessenger. and do me a favor make a NEW msn account like: me_iamme@hotmail.com (wtc.) and log into that one import a few contacts and see if it freezes. long boring work but if it works i can help you further.

1. I think i just have the normal windows XP firewall o.o I dunno much about these computer stuff >.<

2. My internet connection is Adelphia Cable

3. Web messenger - > http://webmessenger.msn.com/

4. This started happening about 2 weeks ago.

And I am currently using a gmail account and I don't have any trouble signing in or talking to my friends or doing anything else. I think it's just that specific account.

This post was edited on 03-06-2007 at 08:54 PM by bbymocha.
03-06-2007 08:53 PM
bbymocha

TheGuruSupremacy solved my problem !!! Thank you so much !! :D You rox my sox ;D
03-06-2007 10:44 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: