What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Auto-update not working

Auto-update not working
Author: Message:
rock3r

Rat-fan

– / Male / –
O.P. Auto-update not working
Hi everybody... I noticed that Plus!' auto-update feature doesn't work as it doesn't tell when a new version is avaiable... I just saw there is v4.20 since february, but it isn't reported for me or many of my friends to be avaiable. The feature checkbox is selected....

PS: I'm using Italian version of WLM, WinXP SP2 Pro, and Plus! italian translation (i don't think it helps, but just to let you know...)
03-07-2007 09:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Auto-update not working
I'm not positve on this one.... but I'm pretty sure the auto-update feature is delayed... so that the servers are not overloaded when a new version comes out... I'm not sure how long the delay is or anything like that though.
03-07-2007 09:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
I'm not positve on this one.... but I'm pretty sure the auto-update feature is delayed... so that the servers are not overloaded when a new version comes out... I'm not sure how long the delay is or anything like that though.
it was delayed so that the script developers could work on their scripts more ;)
03-07-2007 09:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well, actually it's always delayed for at least about a week to be sure there's no catastrophic bug in the new version (can't never be too cautious). Also, it helps diluting the increase of downloads too as during auto-update periods, the daily download count on the setup can go beyond the million, that's 6TB of traffic a day for a single file and, well... that's a lot :p.

This post was edited on 03-08-2007 at 01:14 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-08-2007 01:14 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
rock3r

Rat-fan

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Auto-update not working
thank you for the info... anyway last time i updated to v4.11 it was avaiable about 2-3 weeks before i actually noticed there was an update..
03-08-2007 10:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: