What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Limited sounds with msglive plus!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Limited sounds with msglive plus!
Author: Message:
chameleon

55 / Female / –
O.P. Limited sounds with msglive plus!
Hi,
I'm having problems with the inbuilt sounds on msglive plus! There are two PC's in our household connected through wireless. My pc has 2 users on it, myself and my son. We are both down as administrators. My husband only uses his pc. He too is administrator. They are placed side by side in the same room.
After a clean sweep of both PC's, we installed all relevant programmes.  Hey presto I could play sounds and send them through to my husband.  However, he still could not play any sounds and was rather annoyed about this.  I then set up my young sons screen on my pc including msp plus live! I could play sounds on his screen. Then suddenly my sounds stopped working and only set codes through to the my husbands pc........ still my husband cannot play sounds!
I decided to open up all accounts, for windows live messenger 8.1 on my pc and do a test. my sons was the only one to work correctly.  I then checked and double checked that all the settings for msg plus live were the same for all accounts and they were all except one small factor and that is my sons "enable logging" on msgplus live is checked all the time and on both mine and my husbands it isn't. To do enable this we have to click the enable logging manually eachtime we start our messenger, but it doesn't stay checked and even when its checked my husband and I still can't send sounds through to eachother.  It's a great shame because we used to enjoy sending silly sounds through to eachother whilst we were doing our own stuff on the pc's.  I hope someone can help with this little problem, so that we can enjoy all the benefits of msgplus live! again. Sooner rather than later before we both end up feeling very disheartened about msgplus live!
03-11-2007 07:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Limited sounds with msglive plus!
Thank you for the detailed explanation of the problem. To be sure we're working on a known configuration, can you confirm that youy are not using any other addon such as Smiley Central or SweetIM? also, can you confirm that when you're trying to send sounds, your status is Online (as some statuses like Busy prevent the sounds from playign by default).

I'd like you to try out with a built-in sound, and a custom sound, and tell me the result. Do you see a bunch of codes appear in your chat window or do you see the proper text? can you try sending a text with a color like [c=50]test[/c] and tell me if you see the text in color or if the tags stay in the chat (a screenshot would be a good thing too).

Thanks.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-12-2007 05:15 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
chameleon

55 / Female / –
O.P. Wink  RE: Limited sounds with msglive plus!
THanks for your reply. I can confirm that i don't have Smiley Central as an addon ( basically it messed my pc up) and I dont have SweetIM. my status is online.
From the built in sounds for example KISS it comes up with emotion ? and skiss, hello is ? and a designated super hero (sh for the shortcut) and ello. I don't have any custom sounds as yet but in theory I see normal text & emotions not codes.
I have tried sending a text with what you suggested and i get a smiley emotion and the text turns green then a ? and the text is hello in purple, this is my normal text colour so the tags do change. This may sound dumb, but exactly what is a screenshot.
I am having problems accessing the urls in your replies ..... .... ... i had the same problem with trying to activate this account as internet explorer cannot display the web page.  I have allowed all addresses etc on pop up blockers firewalls etc! But my main concern is trying to get the sounds sorted out.
03-12-2007 08:23 PM
chameleon

55 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Limited sounds with msglive plus!
is there anyone out there who can help me with the problem we have with messenger plus? as I have had no replies from my last posting!!!!
03-15-2007 07:55 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
working on it, sorry, I'm working on a lot of other problems too. if you dont see a reply in the next couple of days, email me at mplus@patchou.com
03-16-2007 06:49 AM
chameleon

55 / Female / –
O.P. Wink  RE: Limited sounds with msglive plus!
cheers babes, so sorry for being a little impatient:$, i understand there are a lot of problems to sort out ..... thanx for the reply:)!
03-16-2007 06:43 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
for what you tell me, it really seems that you have some custom emoticons associated to weird shortcuts. Because of that, the emotion sound code is replaced by an emoticon and Plus! cannot interpret it properly. Trying with a custom emotion sound (just get a random one from the panel) could give different results as the codes used for those sounds are not the same.
03-17-2007 06:17 AM
chameleon

55 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Limited sounds with msglive plus!
ok i have just done a random sound and it comes up with an emotion question mark and codes....... do you have anymore suggestions please....... as stated before there are no problems with plus on the other user on my pc and hubby still cant play sounds!:S
03-17-2007 06:46 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
hum.. it would really help if you could make a screenshot of your chat window after sending a custom sound and a built-in sound. You can use Screenshot Sender for that which is accessible in the Scripts menu of the chat window in the latest released version.
03-17-2007 09:37 PM
chameleon

55 / Female / –
O.P. Undecided  RE: Limited sounds with msglive plus!
ok I have tried to do what you asked, but ended up sending screen shot to my hubby how do i get one to you?
03-18-2007 07:56 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: