What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Strange Messages

Strange Messages
Author: Message:
[night_shade]

O.P. Strange Messages
My Messenger Plus [latest version] is saying things to people and i don't have a clue what i've done to cause it. What's happening is i'll be talikg to someone and next thing you know, after i minimise the conversation, someone will say something and Messenger Plus will either make up some rubbish inslut or say hi and put my friend's full msn nickname next to it. this is becoming annoying and it's making me have arguments with people because plus thinks it's the thing it should do when it isn't.
03-20-2007 05:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
fsc
Ban Evader

RE: Strange Messages
Do you have any scripts installed?
03-20-2007 05:13 PM
[night_shade]

O.P. RE: Strange Messages
Yeah plus installed about 5 of them
03-20-2007 05:19 PM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
Which scripts are installed?
Please post all names listed in Plus!>Preferences...>General>Scripts
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
03-20-2007 05:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
[night_shade]

It's the script contest winner's scripts, but i've disabled them now because i think they have a fault in one of them somewhere
03-20-2007 06:02 PM
fsc
Ban Evader

quote:
Originally posted by [night_shade]
It's the script contest winner's scripts, but i've disabled them now because i think they have a fault in one of them somewhere

Is it working now then?
03-20-2007 06:04 PM
[night_shade]

I think so, sorry to have a dig at your script jesus, but i has stopped now.
03-20-2007 06:07 PM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
I think so, sorry to have a dig at your script jesus, but i has stopped now.
OK, so one of the winning scripts probably has a bug in it. Looking at the symptoms I'm pretty sure mine isn't the culprit, but I'd like to know which one is (and I'm not the only one I guess).
So could you please post your version of Windows Live Messenger, Messenger Plus! Live and which version of Windows you use (you can type (!VER) in a chat to find out all 3 at once).
Did you install all of the winning scripts? If not, which ones do/did you have installed?
Also, did the problem occur at complete random times or can you reproduce it by following certain steps? And, as a final question, can you try enabling the scripts one by one to see which one makes the problem occur?
I can't do this myself, simply because it all works fine here.

thanks.
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
03-20-2007 07:18 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
My Messenger Plus [latest version] is saying things to people and i don't have a clue what i've done to cause it. What's happening is i'll be talikg to someone and next thing you know, after i minimise the conversation, someone will say something and Messenger Plus will either make up some rubbish inslut or say hi and put my friend's full msn nickname next to it. this is becoming annoying and it's making me have arguments with people because plus thinks it's the thing it should do when it isn't.

This sounds more like you have a malicious script or malicious program installed instead.

Except for the "UNeed Script", I don't see how the included scripts can cause this.

But the "UNeed" script doesn't include any insults at all. Also, the auto reply is by default turned off. So if you didn't added those insults yourself or didn't enabled the autoreply yourself, the script will not respond anyways.

This post was edited on 03-21-2007 at 11:29 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-21-2007 11:22 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: