What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in
Author: Message:
agent_capone

O.P. MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in
I have downloaded the latest version of Windows Live Messenger, and everytime I sign in the whole program locks up.

It displays my contacts and email alert for about a second before freezing, making me unable to click on anything. The only thing i can do is exit the program.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled older version of MSN Messenger and also Live. Live runs every other email address I've put in except for the one I need: only one address I enter freezes up. Also, the older versions of MSN Messenger run the afflicted email fine. It seems to be only that one particular email address on Live: everything else is ok.

Is there something wrong with my email address?(agent_capone@hotmail.com) Live works fine on my computer with other emails and there is nothing wrong with the program itself or my computer. I am annoyed because it is the only account I use and need and I cant even access Live.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
03-25-2007 09:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in
This is only a theory, but couldn't something like this happen if someone sent you a lot of offline messages?
[Image: signature.php]
03-25-2007 10:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
agent_capone

O.P. RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in
Interesting idea but I know for a fact that I would have no offline messages...my contacts are the type of people who only talk if I start the conversation...kind of hard to explain, but I dont think thats why.

Thanks for the idea though.
03-25-2007 12:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
This is only a theory, but couldn't something like this happen if someone sent you a lot of offline messages?

Yes....This is the problem;if you receive too offline messages msn freeze s for a long time...Moreover with a tool like stuffplug you can boots your characters limit so...If some lamer send you too long offline messages msn will freeze until it crashes....However next week i'll release a tool to unfreeze msn ....Greetings
03-25-2007 01:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
namooth

had the same thing yesterday.. did you by any chance had  MessengerDiscovery and StuffPlug 3 installed?

any way:

quote:
uninstall again and delete messenger folder in Program Files, also delete the following folders and registry keys:
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Contacts
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\Communications Clients\Shared
Then restart your computer, and reinstall WLM, it should work then.

This post was edited on 03-25-2007 at 02:40 PM by namooth.
03-25-2007 02:40 PM
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag

quote:
Originally posted by namooth
had the same thing yesterday.. did you by any chance had  MessengerDiscovery and StuffPlug 3 installed?

any way:

quote:
    uninstall again and delete messenger folder in Program Files, also delete the following folders and registry keys:
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Contacts
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\Communications Clients\Shared
    Then restart your computer, and reinstall WLM, it should work then.

No..It won't work if the problem are the offline messages
03-25-2007 07:27 PM
namooth

who said the problem are the offline messages ? offline messages are just a theory. I'm pretty sure my solution will fix his problem. i had exactly the same problem yesterday, 3 accounts managed to log in except one. the above did the trick.

agent_capone, just curious, do you manage to log in while you appear offline?

This post was edited on 03-25-2007 at 07:50 PM by namooth.
03-25-2007 07:47 PM
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
who said the problem are the offline messages ? offline messages are just a theory. I'm pretty sure my solution will fix his problem. i had exactly the same problem yesterday, 3 accounts managed to log in except one. the above did the trick.

agent_capone, just curious, do you manage to log in while you appear offline?

NO IT'S NO A TEORY...SEARCH ON THE FORUM I HAVE ALREADY HELPED PEOPLE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM AND I SOLVED IT.....THE PROBLEM SHOULD BE THE OFFLINE MESSAGES....However maybe he hasn't this problem...but also with this problem with the other account you can sign-in...So....We have to wait the response of agent-capone
03-25-2007 07:55 PM
namooth

RE: RE: MSN Live freezes everytime I sign in
quote:
Originally posted by agent_capone
Interesting idea but I know for a fact that I would have no offline messages...my contacts are the type of people who only talk if I start the conversation...kind of hard to explain, but I dont think thats why.

no need to yell :)

wating for agent_capone answer. :P
03-25-2007 08:08 PM
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
    quote:Originally posted by agent_capone

no need to yell (Smilie)

wating for agent_capone answer. (Smilie)

But it isn't sure that alcapone haven't recieved offline messages he can't know it.....So.......
03-25-2007 08:14 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: