What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ
Author: Message:
joemailey

38 / Male / –
RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ
So yea basically people go to it open it up install it bang ur screwed.

lol

thot so just double checking, basically you install the virus your self :)
03-27-2007 01:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ
i didnt double click i right click and my mouse moved up when i clicked the left button :<
03-27-2007 02:00 PM
joemailey

38 / Male / –
Funny. lol

To us, but not to you.

* joemailey wonders if he really did miss click, also shouts at him to use windows defender!!!!
03-27-2007 03:55 PM
Lt.Col.DraGon

35 / Male / Flag
I have had several people message me in english when they usually do in spanish. So be suspicious if someone you know talks to you in english and they usually speak to you in another language means that they have the virus. Don't fall in their trick!!

Btw, is the link you posted the link to the virus? If so, get rid of it or edit the link because some people may click it :P
03-28-2007 08:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: NEW VIRUS - PLEASE READ
yeah that is the right link except i left out one of the "t"'s in the http://
03-28-2007 09:30 AM
ivegotavirus

i got the virus. from the hothotmodels.net etc

someone sent it to me on msn, i clicked it, but its safe to do that. it comes up with a screen asking to Run Save or Cancel, its a MS-DOS application

nathans right, it does malicous things like open random contacts and send a message, open wbpage to reset password etc..,
and flicking from one screen to another.

ive tried an AVG and an Ad-Aware scan, the virus which was a few Trojans, were deleted, but the virus is still on the comp, and whenever you talk to someone on msn, it sends them the link and closes the conversation.

anyone know how to completely remove it without it coming back :@ givin me the shits

ta for the help
03-28-2007 10:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Shayne

~Woot~

34 / Male / Flag
The best way to remove it and prevent your account getting stolen or worse losing it altogether. It would be a good idea formating your System and starting again, also make sure to change your hotmail or Messenger account password as soon as possibles and make sure your on a clean computer while changing your password.

Back on topic:

These Trojans are way old my friends (who you would call Computer Newbs) had these years ago.

These days you just need to be really careful on what links, or even files that your contacts send you.

When your Contact sends you a Link or prompts you asking to download this file is it really worth it?

Shayne

This post was edited on 03-28-2007 at 01:51 PM by Shayne.
[Image: 223322ab1.jpg]
03-28-2007 01:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Lourix

32 / Male / Flag
Shayne is right the only way to get rid of it is to either format the system or find it in the registry which could take forever. Though Zone Alarm is pretty good with these sort of things though it has not sorted out all my problems in the past. But like Shayne said change all your messenger stuff and if you cannot format your pc then there may not be a way of getting rid of it, that is if anyone else can think of a solution?
[Image: 202180054.png]
03-28-2007 03:24 PM
td1

42 / Male / –
i got this virus the other day...its a trojan.vundo virus some smart arse must have found out about it becuase it is a rather old virus....vundo fix or avg or spy-bot search and destroy cant fix this...i have nortan on my laptop and even it was useless....the only way i could fix my messenger again was by resorting my computer to a diffrent time....
This is done by goin to start at the bottom left hand corner of the screen and then accessories, then system tools and then system restore.... then pick a date in bold (make sure it is a date b4 you got the virus!! haha but then restore your computer....by doin this you are putting you computer back to a time before you were sent this stupid virus....i wondering is there any way of tracking it haha (Y)

this was a stupid old virus...just annoying that some arsehole found out about it :@ and even worse i clicked on it....haha awel!! ive me comp and me msn sorted now.....just make sure you sort out your own and then change ur msn password....haha and maybe get a new anti virus lol
03-29-2007 02:01 AM
violentlyvenal

hmm, i just recieved the message and i clicked on the link..
when firefox opened up the site, it prompted me to download some file, ms-dos executable program, so i clicked cancel and googled the site and found this..

am i in trouble? or safe?
03-29-2007 05:34 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: