What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Iranian forces acting legally?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Iranian forces acting legally?
Author: Message:
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Iranian forces acting legally?
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aiT80yA0dSZk

One of the U.K. sailors admitting they were `obviously trespassed'' into Iranian waters before their capture on March 23.

i think that she said those things because she was told she would be let go if she could, im sure when she gets safe and back into UK she will say that. The BBC had a talk with her before that and she sounded completly different an hour later when she "confessed"

However

untill the time then i guess what she says has to be kept in mind, but once again i have to bring back that the GPS doesnt lie (it's not programmed to but humans can and will.
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
03-29-2007 06:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Iranian forces acting legally?
it's a load of crap on Iran's part... it's like they want a war.... If I were like... head of the UN, I'd have asked to invade already... I mean, hasn't Iran taken enough innocent people prisoner?... Didn't they do this in the early nineties/late eighties?... and again later in the ninties?... In an article i read they took some people in custody last last year... but this time it was actually justified....

I say US, England, France or whoever else wants to help, should all team together and invade Iran, get the sailors back, and get right back out.

Thinking bout it, you wouldn't really need a bunch of countries... isn't it the SAS that's British Special forces?... If they're as capable of the US's Navy SEALS, they could get in and get them out.
03-29-2007 07:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Iranian forces acting legally?
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
it's a load of crap on Iran's part... it's like they want a war.... If I were like... head of the UN, I'd have asked to invade already... I mean, hasn't Iran taken enough innocent people prisoner?... Didn't they do this in the early nineties/late eighties?... and again later in the ninties?... In an article i read they took some people in custody last last year... but this time it was actually justified....

I say US, England, France or whoever else wants to help, should all team together and invade Iran, get the sailors back, and get right back out.

Thinking bout it, you wouldn't really need a bunch of countries... isn't it the SAS that's British Special forces?... If they're as capable of the US's Navy SEALS, they could get in and get them out.

i agree however it would better for the UK to have backing: then the "invasion" would be somewhat justifiable (like iraq: it was unfavourable because it went ahead without the UN's clearance)

they should do it properly this time..and this time it's for a right cause..they can not just take citizens of a respectable country like that. 

EDIT:

Within the last dew minutes the UN security council has let out a statement that says they would like release of the 15 UK personnel however the statement refused to state whether an immediate release and whether or not the actually ship was in iranian/iraqi waters. However the main thing is: the un want iran to give the personnel back OR give them access to UK leg aid.

i think Iran can proove they are not relentless by just listening to the internal community right now.

Also Iran have stated that the leading seamen (Faye Turner) will not be released as was promised yesterday because of the way the UK government are behaving.

Also the same seamen who "confessed" has sent out another letter stating once again "we tresspassed" but this time she also says "isn't it time we got our troops out of iraq"

-- im sorry but if that isnt proof that these letters are somewhat narrated then what is?

This post was edited on 03-29-2007 at 09:50 PM by Fuse.
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
03-29-2007 07:22 PM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
If they really were on Iranian waters there is no way the outside world can press Iran to release them, as it was their own fault. We are looking down on them here, but they are really looking down on us as well. In my opinion they should be tried, but Iran could also just release them as a sign of good will.
The question about where the ship really was is nothing I wanna get in on, as someone said, both governments are obviously trying to save their faces.
[Image: signature.php]
03-29-2007 09:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
I think you don't know enough to judge what really happened and I agree with Adeptus and Vilkku.

You know, people see what they want to see.

This post was edited on 03-29-2007 at 10:02 PM by Voldemort.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
03-29-2007 09:50 PM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus

They could use satellite images to clear that up I guess...
I heard that on the news yesterday, and it stated that the ship was IN Iraqi waters.

This post was edited on 03-29-2007 at 10:03 PM by Nagamasa.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6545 days, 15 hours, 13 minutes, 48 seconds ago.

03-29-2007 10:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fuse
i agree however it would better for the UK to have backing: then the "invasion" would be somewhat justifiable (like iraq: it was unfavourable because it went ahead without the UN's clearance)
I kinda agree... I'm from the US... I'm a firm supporter of the Iraqi war.... but the US should have gone through the UN...  And the invasion should've had some backing to it.

BUT with Iran, in my opinion, they should send in special forces, extract the prisoners, and get the hell outta there...... SURE it would piss Iran off, and sure it could spark a war, but in my opinion, it would be completely justifiable for them to do that to get the crewmen out of there....

If they wait too long, things escalate and turn to war... there's no telling whether Iran will follow the Geneva Convention, it would be extremely dangerous to allow Iran to have them in custody if a war broke out.
03-29-2007 11:49 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
BUT with Iran, in my opinion, they should send in special forces, extract the prisoners, and get the hell outta there...... SURE it would piss Iran off, and sure it could spark a war, but in my opinion, it would be completely justifiable for them to do that to get the crewmen out of there....
Er. if some mexicans go to usa's waters and get captured and treated like terrorists, why can't iran do the same?
Both are countries... both of the cases produce security risks to each country...
03-30-2007 12:28 AM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Er. if some mexicans go to usa's waters and get captured and treated like terrorists, why can't iran do the same?
Both are countries... both of the cases produce security risks to each country...

They don't exactly get treated as terrorists, but I get your point.

I believe it was the American crew's mistake for going in iran's waters.. and yes, they've the right- is part of their territory.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
03-30-2007 12:30 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
W
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
If they wait too long, things escalate and turn to war... there's no telling whether Iran will follow the Geneva Convention, it would be extremely dangerous to allow Iran to have them in custody if a war broke out.

Why shouldn't the USA be attacked then, to release all of the prisioners in Guantanamo? They did not exactly follow what the UN said....
03-30-2007 12:33 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: