What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Urgent: need a good disk editor

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Urgent: need a good disk editor
Author: Message:
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Urgent: need a good disk editor
quote:
Emergency PC Fix and Rescue Tools

When your computer won't boot and you're unsure of the trouble, Fix-It tools help you solve the problem. Included is Recovery Commander, a utility to fix and restore your PC when it won't boot. The Fix-It Utilities CD is bootable and can also help you save data and restore corrupted computer files. Use Fix-It Utilities to get your PC up and running again.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Retrieve Trashed Files

Whether you've accidentally deleted a file or you've been zapped by a virus, Fix-It Utilities can help. FileUndeleter allows you to search for and rescue accidentally deleted files. The Deleted Files Bin stores deleted files, even after they've been emptied out of the Recycle Bin.
----------------------------------------------------
Recovery Commander™
Quickly restore your non-booting system back to normal! Recovery Commander provides enhanced tracking and recovery features. Recovery Commander is fully integrated with Fix-It Utilities.

http://www.v-com.com/product/Fix-It_Utilities_Home.html
I do not know PC Tools, apart from what wiki said... so i tried searching for related apps and found this.... I don't know if it will help.... sorry if it doesn't....
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
03-30-2007 11:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Urgent: need a good disk editor
sorry no, it doesn't...

This is just one of the gazillion useless programs which do nothing more than automatically scanning for file entries in the file table. That is completely useless for me.

I need a disk editor, NOT a recovery/unformat/undelete/whatever tool. There is nothing wrong with the hard disk. I just need to grab data from the hard disk taking in account used (or rather, not-used) sectors.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-30-2007 11:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: Urgent: need a good disk editor
Any of these look good? *-)

HxD (freeware)

Roadkil's Sector Editor 1.4 (freeware)
"Allows displaying, editing, printing and searching of disks by invidual sectors. The information can be displayed and edited in both ASCII or hexadecimal. Sectors can be copied and exported to files."

OmniXray 5.0
"Picking up where the famous Norton Disk Edit left off"

WinHex
"An advanced tool for everyday and emergency use: inspect and edit all kinds of files, recover deleted files or lost data from hard drives ..."

Hexprobe

Hackman

FlexHex [alternate link]

Hex Workshop
"Sector edit partitions or physical disks; Copy sectors between disks and partitions; Save Sector Ranges to a file; Restore Sector Range from a file"

This post was edited on 03-31-2007 at 12:20 AM by WDZ.
03-31-2007 12:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: