What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [Bug] Offline contacts list outdated

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
[Bug] Offline contacts list outdated
Author: Message:
jellyblu

– / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  [Bug] Offline contacts list outdated
Windows XP Pro SP2
WLM v 8.1
MP!L v 4.20.0.262

It appears that when I sign out, the list of all contacts offline is reset to a point beyond 30 days ago (I can tell because a contact in the list, who had her birthday just a few days ago, had put a countdown in her name - which of today says '30 days left' when I sign in and she's offline...).

I cannot tell for sure whether this is a bug within MP!L or WLM, but if I can rely on my memory, it was around this time (a month a go) I decided to install WLM and MP!L to go with it... Seems to me like some logging error, but I have no clue.

It's quite depressing to look at, and honestly - it does bother me quite a bit... I hope there's a solution...

Thanks.

Well, 26 views, yet no replies. I suppose that means nobody else has experienced anything like this? Guess I'll have to contact MS regarding this issue, then...

This post was edited on 07-08-2007 at 09:57 PM by WDZ.
04-02-2007 04:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Offline contacts list outdated
If you're talking about your contact list then yes, it's a Messenger bug as Plus! does not touch it. After you'Ve confirmed you're not running any other add-on, I suggest you try contacting Microsoft about it. You could also try to delete the %TEMP%\MessengerCache directory and uninstall/reinstall Messenger.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-04-2007 05:59 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jpesker

RE: Online and Offline contacts list not being updated several times a week
Well ok i try clearing my temp directory as you say, but almost everyone i know (with the latest build 262) having the same random bug where their Contacts are just not updating.
04-11-2007 10:08 PM
TheGuruSupremacy

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Offline contacts list outdated
quote:
Originally posted by Jpesker
Well ok i try clearing my temp directory as you say, but almost everyone i know (with the latest build 262) having the same random bug where their Contacts are just not updating.

I have the same problem...It doesn't always happens but lately it happens more often...However i think is not PLUS bug and i think it happens(at least for me)when i kill the msn process or i terminate the program...
04-11-2007 10:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jellyblu

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Offline contacts list outdated
quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
quote:
Originally posted by Jpesker

I have the same problem...It doesn't always happens but lately it happens more often...However i think is not PLUS bug and i think it happens(at least for me)when i kill the msn process or i terminate the program...

So I'm not the only one... I think you might be right about it occurring when you terminate the program or kill the process... So it's got to be a WLM bug then...
04-14-2007 09:59 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
RE: [Bug] Offline contacts list outdated
quote:
Originally posted by jellyblu
So I'm not the only one... I think you might be right about it occurring when you terminate the program or kill the process... So it's got to be a WLM bug then...

It's indeed a well known Messenger bug, which is should be fixed in the next build. I've found deleting my contact folder under:

C:\Documents and Settings\<iuser>\Contacts\<e-mail>

Fixes the problem for me :).
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
04-15-2007 08:47 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
jellyblu

– / Male / –
O.P. Sad  RE: RE: [Bug] Offline contacts list outdated
quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
quote:
Originally posted by jellyblu

It's indeed a well known Messenger bug, which is should be fixed in the next build. I've found deleting my contact folder under:

C:\Documents and Settings\<iuser>\Contacts\<e-mail>

Fixes the problem for me :).

Deleted it; asked someone to sign in and out with their older email address; signed out myself, shut down the application completely, relaunched and signed in again: nothing had changed. Rebooted and repeated the process; yet no change. But thanks for the tip anyway. ;)

You say this is a well known bug; is there any other places where it's being discussed? I posted a thread about it over at the MS communities under the name 'sytrus', but it seems to be totally neglected... I got one reply which suggested that I deleted a certain regkey. Now I've deleted both the regkey and my contacts directory, and yet nothing's changed. The only certain change I've noticed, was when I signed in with webmessenger at school the other day: it appears that the few contacts who were online at that point have been updated in the offline list...

This post was edited on 04-21-2007 at 08:16 PM by jellyblu.
04-21-2007 08:15 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
jellyblu, you say:

quote:
Deleted it; asked someone to sign in and out with their older email address; signed out myself, shut down the application completely, relaunched and signed in again
This suggest to me that you did the deleting (and maybe registry key removing) while Messenger was running. You are supposed to do it when Messenger is completely closed (right click on tray icon > choose exit)... See if that helps in case you didn't ;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-24-2007 02:06 PM
jellyblu

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [Bug] Offline contacts list outdated
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
jellyblu, you say:

quote:
Deleted it; asked someone to sign in and out with their older email address; signed out myself, shut down the application completely, relaunched and signed in again
This suggest to me that you did the deleting (and maybe registry key removing) while Messenger was running. You are supposed to do it when Messenger is completely closed (right click on tray icon > choose exit)... See if that helps in case you didn't ;)

I did terminate the process before I deleted the regkey.

Now, what I find interesting is that the list updates whenever I sign in with web messenger (concerning those who are online at the given point). This suggests indeed that there's a bug with the application...

This post was edited on 04-29-2007 at 09:41 PM by jellyblu.
04-29-2007 09:35 PM
Arcadian Dreaming

35 / Male / –
I have this same problem just now, it was fine before :S In fact it doesn't hang on to my contacts personal message or display picture at all, and the display name is about a month old. Tried deleting the folders and the regkey, to no avail. Even reinstalled everything and created a new Live ID, no change.

Just to stop me from going nuts looking for a solution, this is a bug with the program right? Nothing that can be done?

This post was edited on 05-21-2007 at 10:15 PM by Arcadian Dreaming.
05-21-2007 10:10 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: