What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Weird sending-messages problem (picture included)

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Weird sending-messages problem (picture included)
Author: Message:
Psychie

Undecided  RE: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included)
I'm having the exact same problem and have had ever since I upgraded my msn to v. 8.1  ... grrrrrrrrr

I'm getting very fed up.  It starts out where every third or fourth message won't go through giving me the very same message as in your screen shot.  Then after a while I may get one or two messages through in a row after eight or more "could not be delivered" error messages .. then finally ... none of my messages can be delivered.  Yet, folks can message me just fine.

If this was a firewall issue it would happen always ... it is intermittent, everything will be fine for several days and then (gee usually weekends) poof .. I am stuck copy/pasting my message over and over and over until it finally goes through .. if ever. 

It's extremely frustrating as I do much of my business on line with messenger .... I am strongly considering changing to another service and have no desire to upgrade any further as every time I do upgrade some issue causes me problems.

Is there anyone from msn monitoring these forums who could provide us with some answers ... even an "I don't know" or "Its a known problem, but we are looking into it" would please me .... perhaps even some fix we could utilize?  something to say you all care about your customers would be nice ... can ya tell I've been dealing with this problem for so long I'm spitting nails .. 8o|  At least I'm glad to see it isn't just me.
04-09-2007 01:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Weird sending-messages problem (picture included)
To everyone having these problems I very strongly urge you all to report this to Microsoft:

http://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmessenger

Write an as detailed as possible report.
eg: provide a very detailed step by step in what you did before. eg: did you used the handwriting feature before you send a message? What was your status prior to the error. How many texts were send succesfully to your knowledge, what firewall and brand of firewall do you exactly have? Have you ever installed 3rd party software related to messenger (eg: smileycentral, sweet im), How many chat windows are open at the time you tried to send the message, What is the screen name of the contact you're trying to send text too, etc, etc...

Reason for this is that we (Windows Live Messenger MVPs) talked about this particular bug to Microsoft, but they can not pinpoint the problem and even are extremely puzzled at what the cause might be. They NEED your reports to solve this.

I also suggest you all enable the Custom Experience Improvement Program:
Tools > Options > General > Quality Improvement > Allow MS to collect anonymous info

PS, do not mention Messenger Plus!. Messenger Plus! has got nothing todo with this and if you mention Messenger Plus! they probably say it is caused by that. So to cut the chase and get stuff moving a bit faster don't mention you have Plus! installed.

In fact, make 500% sure it isn't Plus! by completely uninstalling it first.
And make sure you did not patched Messenger in any way. So first try to re-install Messenger so you are sure it is a clean copy.

As a final note, note that this problem does have different causes. Some of the causes are legit and very normal. It is possible that you indeed can not send messages. So remember that not all of these "cannot send message" errors are because of a bug (or bugs)!

This post was edited on 04-09-2007 at 02:17 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-09-2007 02:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: