What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Webcam Command

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[Request] Webcam Command
Author: Message:
Kinzzz

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Request] Webcam Command
Thanks win_crook!!! :D and ofcourse everybody who helped finding the codes needed :D you guys are the best :P

And take all the time you need win_crook ;) you did a great job so far!! :D
04-15-2007 04:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
win_crook

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Webcam Command
Right... I just need to make this clear, you want a list of contacts which can be either enabled or disabled. The ones that are enabled get sent an invitation to view your webcam as soon as they sign in. Is this what you want?
04-15-2007 04:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kinzzz

36 / Male / –
yes ;) that is what i had in mind...is that possible? 8-)
04-15-2007 04:25 PM
win_crook

31 / Male / Flag
I'm nowhere near as experienced as some of the script developers on here, but I certainly think so... I'll keep you updated with results over the next couple of days.
04-15-2007 04:27 PM
Kinzzz

36 / Male / –
ok! ;) thanks! :D
04-15-2007 04:28 PM
win_crook

31 / Male / Flag
Right... after doing some research the best way that I can see this being done is to make a group of contacts (e.g Webcam Contacts) and put all the contacts that you want to automatically send webcam requests into that group.

It makes it easier for me as the script developer to pick out the contacts that need the request sending to.

So do you think that you wouldn't mind sorting your contacts that way? If not, I'm going to have to find another probably harder way of selecting the contacts.

Regards,
David
04-15-2007 04:36 PM
Kinzzz

36 / Male / –
No that's ok! ;) It makes it easier to see who automatically recieve the invitation and easier to add or remove people too :D

This post was edited on 04-15-2007 at 04:39 PM by Kinzzz.
04-15-2007 04:38 PM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
Resource hacker. Find the menu resource and then put the specific menu item's ID in the message. :)
Is it really THAT easy?! :O I have to note that. :P
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
04-15-2007 05:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
win_crook

31 / Male / Flag
Okay... I've hacked this together very quickly and haven't tested it at all really because I don't want to upset my contacts with webcam requests.

So I'll leave it up to you to test it. If there's any problems(which there most probably will be) I'll try and solve them tomorrow at around the same time as when I submitted the first script. Don't expect this to work though. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

I'm busy now for the rest of the day so I may not be able to get any more replies on this thread until at least tomorrow.

Once installed the script adds an extra menu in either the scripts menu or the plus menu(depending on what version of plus you are running). Use the button in there to configure which contacts get sent notifications to. I decided against doing it the group way, since this way seemed much simpler.

Happy Testing,
David

.plsc File Attachment: WebcamScript.plsc (3.45 KB)
This file has been downloaded 158 time(s).
04-15-2007 07:39 PM
Kinzzz

36 / Male / –
the concept is great :D there is only one problem: when the contact who should recieve the request comes online, it says that the invitation couldn't be sent because the contact is offline (just like you recieve when somebody is really offline ;) )...so maybe there must be a short delay of somekind before the request is send out, when the contact comes online (i don't know for sure:P just an idea;) )...

but thanks so far :D you really did a great job ;) selecting the contacts is working fine this way!! :D

hope you can solve it tomorrow ;) and then it should be working fine i think :D
04-15-2007 08:03 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: