What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How to enlarge profile picture?

How to enlarge profile picture?
Author: Message:
droom

O.P. How to enlarge profile picture?
I've done some search on the topic first before I post this thread, but didn't quite exactly find what I was looking for.

The question is that, when u're using MSN Messenger (i'm using version 8.0 atm) chatting with friends, u have this square picture on top right of the the window. Would this program somehow enlarge the picture to its original size? or atleast enlarge it to a certain size?

Thanks for any replies in advance.
04-12-2007 08:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
RE: How to enlarge profile picture?
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
No you cannot on WLM as display pictures are resized on the client as they are recieved - therefore a plugin of some type would be required on all your contact's computer as well to achieve similiar funtionality to that of MSN Messenger 6.x.

Note that this has never been a feature of Messenger Plus! but was a feature of SPNG (Stuff Plug New Generation). A new version of this will be released for WLM just called Stuff Plug. A release date is not set but you can check here for updates http://www.stuffplug.com/

note that the latest version of Stuff plug (3) does not include this feature. I dont think it is possible.
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
04-12-2007 08:48 AM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by droom
I've done some search on the topic first before I post this thread, but didn't quite exactly find what I was looking for.

The question is that, when u're using MSN Messenger (i'm using version 8.0 atm) chatting with friends, u have this square picture on top right of the the window. Would this program somehow enlarge the picture to its original size? or atleast enlarge it to a certain size?

Thanks for any replies in advance.

That's is currently impossible. The only way is to go back to msn (6?) and install the old stuffplug.

However, only you would be able to see it.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
04-12-2007 11:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
wOoKiE

Sad  RE: How to enlarge profile picture?
perhaps somebody with the necessary expertise can write a script for it....or even let the WLM developers know that it is missed?
04-21-2007 07:26 AM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by wOoKiE
perhaps somebody with the necessary expertise can write a script for it....or even let the WLM developers know that it is missed?
I think the WLM developers know exactly what they are "missing" - having oversized display pictures is extremely annoying, the current size is imo big enough. If someone would write a script for it then the other person would also need the script afaik, which would be ok I guess, but my suggestion is to just accept the current situation.
[Image: signature.php]
04-21-2007 07:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: How to enlarge profile picture?
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
If someone would write a script for it then the other person would also need the script afaik,

Quite correct. This is because they get resized on both the sending and the receiving end nowadays.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
04-21-2007 09:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: