What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » lots of help needed system rebuild

lots of help needed system rebuild
Author: Message:
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Undecided  lots of help needed system rebuild
ok i burnt my old mobo:$ so i went and bought a new one, with the cpu, got it and put it all together, mobo, cpu w. fan, RAM, video card, power supply(350W), fired it up and.... no video at all (the mobo does not have built in video so i used my old video card nvidia 5200) video card(pci), ram, power supply are from my old system, and i know they all work i tested them on other pcs, i already tried everything, diff ram, less ram, new video card(agp), new power supply 500W. i am about to isolate it with the new power supply but im not so sure its gonna take me some place :( so if anyone knows what i can do.

ps. the mobo doesnt have a internal speaker just the port for one,
mobo combo (no longer for sale)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtoo....asp?EdpNo=2930546 
[Image: guanako20.png]
04-19-2007 03:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Adeptus

RE: lots of help needed system rebuild
Check the position of the jumper for clearing BIOS settings.  When set to clear, many motherboards will act completely dead -- and I've got brand new boards that way several times.

If you haven't already, you should connect the case speaker and see if it makes any beeps.  If not, try it with the graphics card removed and see if you get beeps then.
04-19-2007 03:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: lots of help needed system rebuild
i  did :(  well some guy from the company talted to me and he wasnt the most polite peroson :p so nothing,  and i had it with all this :@ im exchanging it :@ fo this and if that doesnt do it, i dunno what im gonna do and this mobo actually fits on my case :D and has a built in video.

did i make a good choise?
[Image: guanako20.png]
04-19-2007 03:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
that happened to me they, my processor was dead bet yours it 2

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

04-19-2007 11:31 PM
Verte

I think on newer mother boards you need to specify which bus the graphics card is on if not the default. If you're using an older card, it might not be pci-e [or whatever is the latest?], and the motherboard might still be broadcasting VGA on pci-e.
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
04-20-2007 06:38 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: