What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Volume is gone

Volume is gone
Author: Message:
Hybrid

Borderline Insane

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. Volume is gone
My volume is utterly gone I restarted twice today and its still not back I searched all over my sound controls and nothing any suggestions? I also turned up and down the volume, put on head sets, etc.
[Image: SIGNATURE.jpg]
Let's roll kids, we're gonna party like the amish.
04-20-2007 06:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Verte

RE: Volume is gone
There's a lot of point of failures there. You're using windows? Make sure you're in the playback settings not the recorder settings. Have you tried all different programs that make sound [ie, it's not just your program]? Some computers have hardware volume controls as well, try those. If not, check your speakers and speaker lines [perhaps try disconnecting them and using headphones], and if that fails I'm not sure. Try updating your sound card drivers?
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
04-20-2007 06:43 AM
Hybrid

Borderline Insane

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Volume is gone
quote:
Originally posted by Verte
There's a lot of point of failures there. You're using windows? Make sure you're in the playback settings not the recorder settings. Have you tried all different programs that make sound [ie, it's not just your program]? Some computers have hardware volume controls as well, try those. If not, check your speakers and speaker lines [perhaps try disconnecting them and using headphones], and if that fails I'm not sure. Try updating your sound card drivers?
hmmm well I tried all of those so all of those, and I'm on a laptop so I dunno about the sound card thing. It'll probably work itself out eventually.
[Image: SIGNATURE.jpg]
Let's roll kids, we're gonna party like the amish.
04-20-2007 06:47 AM
Verte

RE: Volume is gone
What brand laptop? Have you tried the headphones? And yeah probably check the device manager too to make sure there's no addressing problems.
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
04-20-2007 07:07 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: