What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » i could be the next darwin!!!11

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
i could be the next darwin!!!11
Author: Message:
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
O.P. i could be the next darwin!!!11
ok, the subject is a lie, and no doubt :im: wrong but...

i have a theory, and im not being mean/racist/whatever other "...ist" there is but does anyone think it's possible that [some] people that are born with disabilities maybe nature's way of trying to evolve us humans???

and humans are jsut trying out different ways to evolve, and some dont work. i mean it makes sense, but is it possible?*-)

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
04-24-2007 09:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: i could be the next darwin!!!11
quote:
Originally posted by ICD
ok, the subject is a lie, and no doubt :im: wrong but...

i have a theory, and im not being mean/racist/whatever other "...ist" there is but does anyone think it's possible that [some] people that are born with disabilities maybe nature's way of trying to evolve us humans???

and humans are jsut trying out different ways to evolve, and some dont work. i mean it makes sense, but is it possible?*-)

I dont agree. Most disabilities are cuased by genes in your body which get passed down from your parents arnt they?
04-24-2007 09:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
... By saying that disabilities are what leads to evolution you're not making up your own theory, you're copying exactly what Darwin said :p
Darwin's Theory of Evolution says that individuals are born different and those that are better suited (or adapted) to their environment/life out-live those which are less suited and in turn reproduce with one another, passing on the 'better' genes to children. So yes, disabilities can lead to evolution if having a specific disability gives you an advantage over others. A good example (and one which was used often during school) is an animal species which lives in a place where the main food source is the foliage of trees - animals born with a disability eg. an abnormally (or even slightly) long neck have an advantage over the other animals of its species as it can reach the foliage much more easily giving it a greater chance at living than those which are short. As the long necked animals breed they create more long-necked animals until those left with shorter necks eventually die out and you're left with a giraffe :P

This post was edited on 04-24-2007 at 10:53 AM by Volv.
04-24-2007 10:53 AM
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: i could be the next darwin!!!11
well, that shut me up, i guess ill have to think of something else now...

* joey dies, then has some tea.[Image: zippytea.gif]

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
04-25-2007 08:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
Yes, mutations and stuff lead to evolution.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
04-25-2007 11:30 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
I thought I should also probably clear up (before someone else does) that that theory is correctly called Natural Selection :p
04-25-2007 12:46 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Damokun
We're regressing because modern medicine is keeping alive those who should be dead, and so the bad genes are sticking around

True, humans are living much longer that we did even a 100 years ago. This is a shock to our bodies, our genetics are expecting not to last as long and hence cancer and heart disease has become more common in recent years (they are diseases mostly relating to age). People only knew what caused disease 200 years ago (bacteria), but it took even longer for health to prove and many died from serious diseases which could of been prevented.

Evolution takes 1000's of years, and our bodies aren't up for living as long as we do. Just 5000 years ago, back in pre-historic times, where life was simple, and disease was not common people only lived to around to their early 30's :P.
04-25-2007 03:19 PM
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ICD
[some] people that are born with disabilities maybe nature's way of trying to evolve us humans???

Disabilities are mainly the cause of mutation, (trisomy) of chromosomes. Being disabled would reduce your chance of sexual reproduction, and therefore limiting you from passing on those genes. Therefore I don't think it would evolve humans because we are not all born with disabilities, but we have an apparent inefficient way of performing meiosis of fetal cells. Thats what I think could be developing  to reduce the amount of disabled offspring are produced.

Who knows, nothing we can do about evolution anyways.

quote:
Originally posted by Damokun
We're regressing because modern medicine is keeping alive those who should be dead, and so the bad genes are sticking around

Says my science teacher :zippy:

Very true, what we create as humans that arent natural to aid our survival as a social tool is a "meme". These memes are limiting the way natural selection actually selects.

This post was edited on 04-26-2007 at 12:01 AM by LoochTheMan.
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

04-26-2007 12:00 AM
somelauw

34 / Male / –
I believe in evolution, but I am convinced that all change is made by environment, not by organismns itself. Mutations are disabilities which can lead to improvements.
Please add one 6 to my postcount and I'm tha Beast!
This signature was written when my postcount was 66
04-26-2007 11:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
someone watched too much/less hero's/x-men
04-26-2007 02:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode