What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Anzac day!

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Anzac day!
Author: Message:
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Anzac day!
HAPPY ANZAC DAY! i went to the dawn service in melbourne at 6 am there were 30,00 people there!
04-24-2007 10:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Anzac day!
Not a whole lot of people here are Aussie or kiwi :P

I am though :cheesy: I'm spending ANZAC day at my friends house :chrongue:
04-24-2007 11:16 PM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Anzac day!
quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
Not a whole lot of people here are Aussie or kiwi :P

I am though :cheesy: I'm spending ANZAC day at my friends house :chrongue:

Cool, i just had a BBQ :D

This post was edited on 04-25-2007 at 02:45 AM by Discrate.
04-24-2007 11:28 PM
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
uhh...Aussie slang...? :dodgy:

:P

EDIT: Better change that Discrate...:)

This post was edited on 04-24-2007 at 11:43 PM by ryxdp.
04-24-2007 11:42 PM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
:) Happy ANZAC Day :)
04-24-2007 11:46 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
hmm,, just wondering, why would it be ' happy Anzac day '  when plenty of Soldiers were killed fighting
04-25-2007 12:11 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
hmm,, just wondering, why would it be ' happy Anzac day '  when plenty of Soldiers were killed fighting
I agree, and so does wikipedia:

quote:
New Zealand commemorate the ANZAC Day holiday on 25 April every year to remember members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who landed at Gallipoli in Turkey during World War I. ANZAC Day is also a public holiday in Cook Islands, Niue, Samoa and Tonga.
So really, you're rather disrespecting all of this. Being Canadian I did not know about this Holiday, but all the same, I think this is simply stupid. If you're saying happy "Think about people who died" day, you're an idiot.

If that's not what your meaning was, please, explain yourself LOADS more clearly.

This post was edited on 04-25-2007 at 01:03 AM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
04-25-2007 01:03 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
If you're saying happy "Think about people who died" day, you're an idiot.

A lot of elderly people (most important to note in this argument, I say) say "happy". Though I too, think that it would be stupid to say "Sad ANZAC day" or "Merry ANZAC day", let alone "Happy ANZAC Day". But what else do we have instead?

AFAIK, we are celebrating the freedom of the Australian and New Zealand-ish* people and/or country.

On other tones, though, ANZAC day is a rather sad as well as happy time, for obvious reasons.

*Kinda speaks for itself. I dunno what they're called, even though my dad is a kiwi...:'<
04-25-2007 02:15 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
happy "Think about people who died" day

(y).

No idea what it is, but ok :D. Happy Anzac day :p.
04-25-2007 02:17 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Anzac day!
quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
quote:
If you're saying happy "Think about people who died" day, you're an idiot.

A lot of elderly people (most important to note in this argument, I say) say "happy". Though I too, think that it would be stupid to say "Sad ANZAC day" or "Merry ANZAC day", let alone "Happy ANZAC Day". But what else do we have instead?

AFAIK, we are celebrating the freedom of the Australian and New Zealand-ish* people and/or country.

On other tones, though, ANZAC day is a rather sad as well as happy time, for obvious reasons.

*Kinda speaks for itself. I dunno what they're called, even though my dad is a kiwi...:'<

I agree with that.

quote:
So really, you're rather disrespecting all of this. Being Canadian I did not know about this Holiday, but all the same, I think this is simply stupid. If you're saying So really, you're rather disrespecting all of this. Being Canadian I did not know about this Holiday, but all the same, I think this is simply stupid. If you're saying happy "Think about people who died" day, you're an idiot.

If that's not what your meaning was, please, explain yourself LOADS more clearly.

Heaps of people say happy Anzac day. Including my grandfather who fought in the war.  Happy Anzac Day doesnt mean happy "Think about people who died" day. Anzac day is a day where we remember the people who fought for us in the war and who gave up so much to make sure australia remained free. Also people who were in the war or had a friend/relation go visit there fellow soliders at there grave site. Which is "happy" in a king odd way, becuase they are visiting there old mates again. Also the Anzacs who are still alive have a honour parade. So it isnt just to think about the dead, we have Remembrance Day  for that. People not from australia might not understand what i am talking about, but any australian sure would. And you said your self, you are from canada  you wouldnt have a clue what its about. And i think you went too far when you said i am disrespecting them and i am offended.

This post was edited on 04-25-2007 at 03:05 AM by Discrate.
04-25-2007 02:57 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: