What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread

Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread
I searched the forum but couldn't find anything like this, maybe this has been suggested before, if so sorry.

I want a tag like the one above at the tops of threads in order to be sure about Patchou visited that thread and aware of the bug reports and suggestions and whatelse. It would be good especially for the subforums under "Messenger Plus! Live Extension" because when some suggestions were not implemented, I can't be sure whether Patchou has seen it and didn't like the idea or he has not been aware of that suggestion even. Also for bug reports, it would be good to know whether Patchou has seen the report and will fix it.

This will compromise the privacy of Patchou but I am sure he will make the sacrifices for the sake of his product. Thus, also newcomers would leave asking about whether the developer read this thread or not.

Any ideas?
04-29-2007 09:34 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread
If for example you post a bug report and Patchou reads the post and fixes it, I'm sure he would just post a reply.
Pointless feature in my opinion.
04-29-2007 09:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread
Sounds to similar to that bug reports suggestion that was posted a while back...wouldn't be very effective though, as I'm sure people would forget to do it and wouldn't even bother doing it...all users want is an answer and that's it and because users fail to use the search feature as it is, why implement something like this?
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
04-29-2007 09:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
So you really wish for Patchou to post in every thread or edit the top post title to make clear he read it? Do you even know how busy he is? Besides, he doesn't have to tell wether or not he likes a suggestion made, if he thinks it's good he will implement it if possible (technically, time wise and if it doesn't bloat the program too much)..if not well then too bad. It's no biggie to file a suggestion again for a later version either.

Please put a little trust in the man!
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-29-2007 09:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
So you really wish for Patchou to post in every thread or edit the top post title to make clear he read it?
He probably meant doing it automatically, sunshine :P

Doesnt patchou read all threads there anyway? 8-)
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
04-29-2007 09:52 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
lol... a Patchou-stalking feature! :zippy:

I'd implement that if Patchou asked me to, but it seems rather ridiculous. :p
04-29-2007 09:55 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
So you really wish for Patchou to post in every thread or edit the top post title to make clear he read it?
He probably meant doing it automatically, sunshine :P
Pffttt, that's insane...how would he like every post tagged he himself read (yes you ahmetgns)? Besides an automated tag wouldn't necessarily mean he actually read it..he could have clicked the thread then had to walk away or close it for whatever reason...
quote:
Doesnt patchou read all threads there anyway? 8-)
Yah i'm sure he reads them, that's why i said to put a little trust in Patchou ;)

This post was edited on 04-29-2007 at 10:06 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-29-2007 09:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: