What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Web2Live

Pages: (16): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
[Release] Web2Live
Author: Message:
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Meh it'd be easy for plus tags to work use this:

Depends on what you want so ill give you  2versions:

code:

$wlm_plus_tags = str_ireplace('[b]', '<b>', $wlm_plus_tags);

^^ with that way you have to close it off with another line and it doesnt check for if they've left the tag open

however the next one does

code:

$wlm_plus_tags = eregi_replace('<b>\\1</b>', '\[b]([^\[]+)\[/b]', $text);

:-/ im pretty sure people were talking about text coloring in images :P also that reg exp is pure dodgyness and the parameters for eregi_replace are wrong : <

quote:
Originally posted by from php.net

string eregi_replace ( string $pattern, string $replacement, string $string )

[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
05-02-2007 04:27 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [HYPE] Web2Live
So is anyone else going to help us with a design or is Mattike just going to become a tester by default.... 8-)

* markee is very impatient....
[Image: markee.png]
05-02-2007 11:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
As for the format codes in a signature, I once made a PHP script supporting [b], [i], [u], [c=...][/c] and [c=...][/c..]. Unfortunately, I messed it up and now my status signature doesn't work anymore. But the source code can still be found here, if you might need it.

And yes, I want to see some other designs! Concurrence results in better products, remember that! ;)
quote:
Originally posted by markee
or is Mattike just going to become a tester by default.... 8-)
Even without making a design, I think NanaFreak is going to ask me for testing it. :P
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
05-02-2007 12:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [HYPE] Web2Live
I don't know why you guys continue to talk about the formatting using tags and such, I already gave my three (very justified) reasons why we will not implement such a thing and it is due to our limitations.  I am very sorry to disappoint you but that is just how it is for now at least, this might change later depending on how we feel on the matter.

I thank you for your source code Mattike and I also like the discussion and enthusiasm, but removing format codes is a much nicer (I would almost say "prettier" but it sounds a little poofy) and safer option in my opinion given the reasons I outlined in the earlier post.

The main reason why NanaFreak and I even revealed our ideas of this now was that we wanted to start creating the website and have that running quickly with what should be the finished design (minor changes are always going to happen).  This way we can write up our FAQ page and such and give you more detailed information on how everything is going to look and also think about starting our testing....  I do hope you guys/girls can help us out.
[Image: markee.png]
05-02-2007 12:43 PM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
As for the format codes in a signature, I once made a PHP script supporting [b], [i], [u], [c=...][/c] and [c=...][/c..]. Unfortunately, I messed it up and now my status signature doesn't work anymore. But the source code can still be found here, if you might need it.
You gave it to me long ago when it was used with W2M, that was how i learned and made one with your code as an example :P.
05-02-2007 01:02 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [HYPE] Web2Live
Here's (in the attachment) a random web layout which I was creating but never really got around to completing - it seemed a bit too plain and bright for any uses I had so I didnt bother making it look decent, but it's just a bit of a concept which I thought someone may or may not want to build upon...

EDIT: removed the quote which was completely unrelated to my post and somehow ended up here (wtf lol)

.jpg File Attachment: randomlayout.jpg (78.83 KB)
This file has been downloaded 231 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-02-2007 at 02:43 PM by Volv.
05-02-2007 02:40 PM
hmaster

33 / Male / Flag
Good news :), shame the web2messenger went down. I'll make up a design :D!
[Image: sig.png]
05-02-2007 03:16 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
I thank you for your source code Mattike and I also like the discussion and enthusiasm, but removing format codes is a much nicer (I would almost say "prettier" but it sounds a little poofy) and safer option in my opinion given the reasons I outlined in the earlier post.
I totally understand your point, but just tell us you're going to provide an XML version of the stats, like Status2FTP. I know it'd be considered as 'stealing' a feature, but remember that not everyone has their own FTP server! ;)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

05-02-2007 03:50 PM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
I totally understand your point, but just tell us you're going to provide an XML version of the stats, like Status2FTP. I know it'd be considered as 'stealing' a feature, but remember that not everyone has their own FTP server! ;)
we arent using an xml, it is going to be saved into my MySQL database... and the DP's will be uploaded our special way.

Volv: thats an awesome desing but i kinda dont think that it would suit our website... but thanks for trying ;o
05-02-2007 09:03 PM
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
we arent using an xml, it is going to be saved into my MySQL database... and the DP's will be uploaded our special way.
But, but... you are going to give us an textual version of the statistics, right? Like you could with W2M, there was a http://www.web2messenger.com/status/User.xml file which provided the collected information... can't you do something similar or will we have to keep using Status2FTP for that?

05-03-2007 04:02 PM
Pages: (16): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: