What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation.

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation.
Author: Message:
maelstrm

O.P. You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation.
Hi all,

I am having (and have had for quite a long time) time out problems with MSN conversations. If I do not type anything in the conversation for as little as 6 minutes it will drop me out (without notifying me) and I only find out when I type something.

At that point I get the message:

You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation.

Is this a common issue? Is it caused my Messenger plus? Is there a fix for it?

I don't seem to be able to pull much up from google and none of my friends (who run plus, standard msn of various versions and gaim/pidgin) have this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give :)

This post was edited on 05-02-2007 at 08:14 AM by maelstrm.
05-02-2007 08:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation.
might be server problems, how long have you been having these problems?
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6670 days, 14 hours, 49 minutes, 52 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
05-02-2007 08:15 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
maelstrm

O.P. RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation.
Thanks for replying!

At least six months or so I'd say.

After some more poing around, MSN is showing me as being directly connected and also connected through a UPnP restricted NAT.

I have a Billion 7300G ADSL modem with its firewall off, the Windows firewall off and nothing else that should be causing outgoing restrictions.

I haven't heard anything about MSN wanting ports forwarded (which is what the message seems to imply), is there anything I should know?

My ISP (internode.on.net in Australia) also uses a transparent http proxy. Is this likely to be causing issues / is there a way to fix any issues it causes? As far as I know, many of my friends are using the same ISP with no issues.
05-02-2007 08:21 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation.
the proxy they use could be the issue, having never been in internode it's hard to say but I wouldn't be surprised if it's part of the problem.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
05-02-2007 08:44 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
I'm having the same problem. After about 5-10 minutes of no one talking in a group conversation, I get the error and I'm kicked out of the conversation. I also got it earlier completely randomly when everyone was talking in a group conversation.

Any ideas?

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.0.326

Linksys router, connected wirelessly.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-19-2008 02:08 AM
maelstrm

O.P. RE: RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation.
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
the proxy they use could be the issue, having never been in internode it's hard to say but I wouldn't be surprised if it's part of the problem.

I'm still having these issues.

I have other friends using Internode and none of them are reporting these issues.

Windows XP SP3
Messenger Plus Live 4.60.0.326
MSN Live 8.5.1302.1018
aPatch 140rc2b17
07-19-2008 06:12 AM
Sivy

I am having the same problem with the messenger I always get kicked out.  And my internet is always working smoothly.  I do not get kicked out of the other conversations I am not signed out, I can use my other messengers without problem but with msn during group conversations I get kicked out all the time. 

I tried re-installing it, repairing it, etc... what could the problem be?
07-19-2008 10:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I'm having the same problem. After about 5-10 minutes of no one talking in a group conversation, I get the error and I'm kicked out of the conversation. I also got it earlier completely randomly when everyone was talking in a group conversation.

Any ideas?

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.0.326

Linksys router, connected wirelessly.
Confirmed (Y) Same problem all the way over here in Aussie :S
...there used to be a signature here :)
07-20-2008 06:29 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sivy

this is ridiculous...  how does one fix this?  I am using windows live messenger... there has to be an answer.
07-20-2008 07:13 PM
fromagepizza

I have the same exact problem. Linksys router since about 6 years or so, but MSN has been doing that for about 6 months or a year.

Also, it won't remember the display names others give themselves when I re-log. For instance, say Bob and I are on, but if we both log off and then, only I re-log, MSN will show me "bob@hotmail.com" instead of "Bob". This is also annoying :(

Any solution? :(

This post was edited on 08-13-2008 at 11:25 PM by fromagepizza.
08-13-2008 11:24 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: