What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
About how to write an entire book in a single forum post? :o
Hmm, if it is what is it doing in bug reports?

* Sunshine starts looking for a book to copy and paste....surely that equals writing one...not sure if it'll solve bugs tho...

This post was edited on 05-07-2007 at 03:58 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-07-2007 03:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
(...) when I see your misunderstandings or unrelated writings (...)
It was not me who went off topic with all sorts of things which didn't had anything todo with the thread's topic.

EDIT: because you really do not seem to grasp this according to your reply:  this post is talking about off-topic stuff...

quote:
, I feel really sad. What a pity among the repliers to my posts only you complain about inconsistency of my posts or suggestions.
maybe I'm one of the few who still bothers to reply about that trying to let you understand that your posts quite often are like that and others don't even bother to reply, and maybe others let it show in another way, or don't wanna spam a thread with it.

EDIT: because you really do not seem to grasp this either according to your reply: starting from this post some people say what they think of your posts and suggestions...

why I even bother to put more time into this and pointing you to the exact posts, I dunno...

quote:
I have two suggestions about Personalized Status and Personalized Status window.
Then what are they (suggestions about pers. status resetting) doing in a thread about the on-top feature of the Event Viewer?

EDIT: see this post. That is YOUR post, not mine...

quote:
(...) But let's come why I am writing this totally off-topic suggestion here. You are guilty about that. Because when I link people to the thread which reports the bug about Personalized Status window remains at behind of Contact List when Contact List is Always On Top, you supposed mistakenly that I am talking about my post on that thread and want it to be again discussed. So you have read it and brought that -bug about Status Resetting- here. In fact, I was planning to propose that bug to the agenda again (but of course at the end of that old thread), because in my opinion my suggestion should be implemented but you moved it to this thread and we are talking about that now.
Read your own post in this thread again and read your post in that other thread.... Let's quote it:
quote:
Whatever the problem is this: When we change our status to Away, Plus! can display Personalized Status window for 15 seconds. However if we edit something in that window and wanted to reset after X minutes, our status remains as Away still. Because when we choose Away, it is our default status anymore and there would be nothing to reset. Can't Plus! remember our status before Away and reset it to that after X minutes.
How is that related to the on-top feature of the Event Viewer again? How is that on-topic?

----------------------

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Please reread what you posted before, before you accuse me of not knowing how Plus! works or that I need to try stuff out before I post something!. I don't know everything about Plus! (obviously), but I sure do know how the basic functions work and should work in a logic manner.
You should definitely try stuff before posting about them. Because we all should do that. In fact, you didn't need to try especially that feature because it says "Reset my status" and you should have understood it normally like me. But I can't understand how you could think it would reset only name tag etc., I think you are trying to find something against me. It resets status and even it is written there. So this community know who is right here.
For starters I am a big Plus! users since version 2.something, been a beta tester since a long time. I am also a translator of Plus! since a very long time (since as long as I am using it, given or take a few months) and it is the job of translators to fully understand how features work, in full detail. With all due respect, but I think I might say that I do know how a long-time feature like this works....

And if you say you take all things into consideration and test stuff out, you would also know that the countdown in the personalised status is only activated when you set your Messenger status to Away (and when you've enabled the pers. status window to pop up of course). When you manually select the personalised status, your Messenger status is _not_ immediatly set to away. This difference makes that your suggestion is useless and even inlogic. And even if there wasn't a manual possebility to set a personalised status then it should still immediatly set your Messenger status to Away since that is what the user wants. If he didn't wanted that, he wouldn't have selected Away... The countdown is there to make it possible to define a personalised status, _if he whishes_. That is the whole purpose of it. Your suggestions regarding this will make the feature inlogic and very confusing (and not what it intended to be) and actually will remove this feature.

To make it short: If you want to go, for example, from 'Online' to a personalised status, you manually set the personalised status by selecting More Statuses > Personalised Status. That is the logic and proper way... First choosing 'Away' as your Messenger status is NOT the correct way to do this. And of course your status will be reset to 'Away' again in that case since it is this status which you have choosen before the personalised status.

quote:
(...) And the third one brings some new ideas which are not related to this thread's topic. But you brought that subject of my post on that old thread here. You have thought I have linked people to my post at that other thread, which is not the case.
quote:
When thinking how to solve this problem, I have remembered another problem which was posted in the very early times of new Messenger Plus! Live and it seems not to be fixed yet.

quote:
quote:
You make a thread about Problem A (with stuff in it which is already inlogic, but let's put that aside)...
I think you are talking about the first post of this thread and you, as well as MenthiX, said I am right about it. And now you are saying my bug report is inlogic, so you and MenthiX are inlogic too. Because you confirmed that bug.
When I said your suggestions are inlogic it was in a reply to your other posts here. Menthix nor me are inlogic; We confirmed the bug from your first post, that's it, fini, done, nothing-more.

quote:
quote:
And to make matters worse, in your last post you now start talking about a suggestion which suddenly seems to come again completely out of the blue.
You are right here. But what a pity who have started to talk about that subject at first is you, not me.
I wouldnt have brought it up if it wasn't mentionned ahmetgns, mentionned by you...

quote:
quote:
You did not say anything about prosponing the personalised status countdown until the window is filled in and confirmed before, in any post (and that is all there is to say about that suggestion, not the complete random stuff you throw into it). Everything you said before was completely something else.
You have definitely confused my writings here. I didn't say postponing personalized status countdown until the window is filled in and confirmed before, but I said, let Plus! postpone changing status to Away if user enable "Display Personalized ...........................changed to Away" option in MsgPlus! preferences and attempt to change it to Away.
Maybe you don't know what I've just said or what you suggested yourself. You exactly suggest what I said: prosponing the Messenger status to be set to Away until the coutndown is finished or something is filled in and confirmed.

quote:
quote:
For your information I take that as an insult now. I always think before I post something and I always try things out first and I will not post about something if I'm not sure it will help or is the correct information, and I do research before posting something.
I am not concerned about how you take that, but you must think carefully before posting. If you thought as much as me before posting, all these wouldn't be written.
Excuse me?!

quote:
What I want is changing that feature's text as Always Open&On Top.
1) this will not fix a possible bug in the on-top feature.
2) This will not fix the understanding of how the feature currently works:
  a) if a window is on-top it IS open
  b) if a window is not open, it can NOT be on-top

Aka: it makes no sense to have 'Always open & on-top...'

---------------

and I cba to further talk about this either as I would just be repeating myself again (aka: learn to read for a change!!!). And people are already annoyed by your crap and this discussion...

This post was edited on 07-19-2007 at 11:24 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-09-2007 01:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also
Although I don't think you can understand my writings anymore, I am replying to show my rightness to this community.
quote:
It was not me who went off topic with all sorts of things which didn't had anything todo with the thread's topic.
Definitely it was you......
quote:
maybe I'm one of the few who still bothers to reply about that trying to let you understand that your posts quite often are like that and others don't even bother to reply, and maybe others let it show in another way, or don't wanna spam a thread with it.
In fact I am not willing to see people have replied to my bug reports or suggestions, it is enough for me that Patchou reads them. However if you reply to them, I wish you write some logically good things and show that you understand my writings.

Let members write neg reps to me, I don't care them. Also despite your understanding, people wanted to spam my thread  on Forum&Website but I have reported first two of them, because they contributes nothing and tries to change the thread's discussion to boy vs. girl discussion. They do not know about the rules of this board and I am happy moderators are doing their job quite well. I think if you were moderator, you wouldn't split that thread in order to become obstinate with me.
quote:
Then what are they (suggestions about pers. status resetting) doing in a thread about the on-top feature of the Event Viewer?
Ask it to yourself? "Why did I bring that suggestion to this thread although ahmetgns didn't mention to that suggestion in no way whatsoever in the third post of this thread?"

quote:
Read your own post in this thread again and read your post in that other thread.... Let's quote it:
You wouldn't need to quote that post of mine on that other thread, because I wasn't willing to bring that suggestion on that thread to this thread at first, I have linked people to the post which was sent on 06.2?.2006, which is the first times of Messenger Plus! Live (I think I have mentioned this and said which was posted on the very early times of Messenger Plus! Live also in my second post of this thread, but you missed that line of text I think).
quote:
How is that related to the on-top feature of the Event Viewer again? How is that on-topic?
Yes CookieRevised. Why did you bring that suggestion to here? It is not related to on-top feature of Event Viewer? Please be consistent Cookie.
quote:
and it is the job of translators to fully understand how features work
So you should know that, as being a translator, me too know how features work .
quote:
And if you say you take all things into consideration and test stuff out, you would also know that the countdown in the personalised status is only activated when you set your Messenger status to Away (and when you've enabled the pers. status window to pop up of course). When you manually select the personalised status, your Messenger status is _not_ immediatly set to away. This difference makes that your suggestion is useless and even inlogic. And even if there wasn't a manual possebility to set a personalised status then it should still immediatly set your Messenger status to Away since that is what the user wants. If he didn't wanted that, he wouldn't have selected Away...
I do know when countdown is activated. Maybe I know it before you test it now, I think you tested it before writing these here in order not to make a mistake again.
quote:
The countdown is there to make it possible to define a personalised status, _if he whishes_.
Countdown has nothing to do in order to make it possible to define a personalized status there. If you want to define a personalized status, the window should be open, nothing else needed. I won't teach you why that countdown is there, you must learn it on your own.
quote:
That is the whole purpose of it. Your suggestions regarding this will make the feature inlogic and very confusing (and not what it intended to be) and actually will remove this feature.
No, I can't admit that my suggestions will make the feature inlogic etc. etc., my suggestions will make that feature more useful.
quote:
First choosing 'Away' as your Messenger status is NOT the correct way to do this.
It is thus currently and what I am suggesting is making it a correct way to do this.
quote:
And of course your status will be reset to 'Away' again in that case since it is this status which you have choosen before the personalised status.
Yes. And I would like this behaviour to be changed to a better one, which I have suggested on February 2007 under that old thread and you have brought here afterwards.
quote:
I wouldnt have brought it up if it wasn't mentionned ahmetgns, mentionned by you...
You wouldn't, you shouldn't but what a pity that you did it, although I didn't mention that suggestion in this thread at first.
quote:

You did not say anything about prosponing the personalised status countdown until the window is filled in and confirmed before, in any post (and that is all there is to say about that suggestion, not the complete random stuff you throw into it). Everything you said before was completely something else.
quote:

You have definitely confused my writings here. I didn't say postponing personalized status countdown until the window is filled in and confirmed before, but I said, let Plus! postpone changing status to Away if user enable "Display Personalized ...........................changed to Away" option in MsgPlus! preferences and attempt to change it to Away.
Maybe you don't know what I've just said or what you suggested yourself. You exactly suggest what I said: prosponing the Messenger status to be set to Away until the coutndown is finished or something is filled in and confirmed.
You don't know English and then say my English was bad. When I saw 'prosponing' in your post, I assumed that you tried to say postponing, (ahmetgns is checking the dictionary for a verb: prospone.........there is nothing like that word.) and didn't mention the wrongness about that word. But still you are writing 'prosponing'. Also I think every people except you who know English would notice the great difference between "prosponing the personalized status countdown until the window is filled and confirmed" and "postponing status to be set to Away until the countdown ends or ....".
quote:
1) this will not fix a possible bug in the on-top feature.
2) This will not fix the understanding of how the feature currently works:
  a) if a window is on-top it IS open
  b) if a window is not open, it can NOT be on-top
You are right here. But I couldn't find another beautiful, short word there. In fact my suggestion should be "Always On Top&Can't Be Minimized". As you see, this is very long for a small feature. Anyway

Don't bother to reply again here, also on my other posts. Because instead saying some sensible things, you always confuse my writings. I really really really really really can't understand how your brain works. I think every people is capable to understand my suggestions easily except you. You are always trying to find a mistake in my posts, but what a pity since you are writing them without understanding my point, you always make mistakes.
05-09-2007 09:23 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: