What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also

Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
What you explained there is not to be fixed. It makes no sense to remember a status before the status which you set before the personalised status. If the personalised status is set to something and you choose to 'reset' it, it means to reset the _personalised_ status, meaning the name tag, and/or additional messages....
I think you are the sole guy who understands "Automatically reset my status" as resetting only name tags, pm's and auto-messages but not status. Every normal Messenger Plus! user expect it to reset their status from Away to Online again for instance. And if you tried it before posting, you would notice that it resets your status also after the specified period. Let's ask it to Patchou while he is here whether your understanding is true or mine. Also and also why did you jump that topic in that thread. I especially linked my post to that thread's related post which reports the bug about Personalized Status window is behind the Contact List and note that I didn't say another problem I have posted..., but said another problem which was posted.. because I didn't report it. Since you jumped my post on that thread, let me write my solution methods I have thought about resetting status. For example if we enable "Display Personalized Status window when I change my status to Away" from Messenger Plus!' Preferences, let Plus! sit between WLM and its status change method and when user try to change his status to Away, let Plus! prevent status to be changed until the window closed, either automatically or manually. Thus as count down ends, user's status can be reset to the previous one. Also postponing changing status until PersoStat window closing would be more meaningful because if user wants to set some auto-message it would take some time definitely so user is still Online when he is writing his messages. And it would be smarter to change name-tag, pm at the same time with status change. Currently status is changed to Away firstly and name tag etc. comes after some time.

quote:
And the next things you say don't have anything todo with what you say in the first few sentences...
Really? Please read carefully.

quote:
Next, there isn't anything wrong with the z-order positioning of the personalised status window either. If it is opened it is put in focus just as any other normal window. And if you minimize it or bring another window in focus by yourself it is very normal that the previous window (pers. status window in this case) will be behind the new window. That is how Windows works.
What I always advice you to do. Please think twice when posting. At least think on your writings before sending your post. Also don't think people are silly as much as not being capable to know how Windows works.

quote:
Last, fixing something and coding something new isn't as simple as copy/pasing some block of code from somewhere to somewhere else (I'd whish :p).
I am not programmer; however I know that it is not that much easy as much as you know. Can't you see that my writing aims to guide in some way.

quote:
The only ting needed to be fixed a bit is the behaviour of the on-top feature of the event viewer window, which you are right about, nothing more.
So you think when Contact List is minimized, Event Viewer should too regardless of its Always On Top option. But what about people who want to keep Contact List closed and follow contact activities from only Event Viewer?

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Try to be a bit more consistant next time you post something ;)
05-06-2007 09:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by ahmetgns on 05-03-2007 at 10:48 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by Menthix on 05-04-2007 at 10:46 AM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by ahmetgns on 05-05-2007 at 10:18 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by CookieRevised on 05-05-2007 at 11:43 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by Patchou on 05-06-2007 at 02:24 AM
RE: RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by ahmetgns on 05-06-2007 at 09:49 AM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by CookieRevised on 05-06-2007 at 11:37 AM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by ahmetgns on 05-07-2007 at 03:09 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by Sunshine on 05-07-2007 at 03:29 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by Menthix on 05-07-2007 at 03:47 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by Sunshine on 05-07-2007 at 03:57 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by CookieRevised on 05-09-2007 at 01:18 AM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by ahmetgns on 05-09-2007 at 09:23 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: