What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also

Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
What you explained there is not to be fixed. It makes no sense to remember a status before the status which you set before the personalised status. If the personalised status is set to something and you choose to 'reset' it, it means to reset the _personalised_ status, meaning the name tag, and/or additional messages....
I think you are the sole guy who understands "Automatically reset my status" as resetting only name tags, pm's and auto-messages but not status. Every normal Messenger Plus! user expect it to reset their status from Away to Online again for instance.
Please reread what you posted before, before you accuse me of not knowing how Plus! works or that I need to try stuff out before I post something!. I don't know everything about Plus! (obviously), but I sure do know how the basic functions work and should work in a logic manner.

You suggest to reset the status back to the status before the status you've set before the status (yes, twice!!) you set with the personalised status. That makes absolutely NO sense.

If my status is 'Online' and I set it to the personalised status 'Busy {Working}' it is obviously that it will reset it back to 'Online' when the personalised status is reset.

In that same manner, it is plain logic that if your status is 'Away' and you set a personalised status 'Away {Sleeping}' that it will be reset back to 'Away'...

Please preview your posts before your post something and make sure you make some sense. 9 posts out of the 10 you make are incoherent stuff, or unlogic suggestions, or you start talking suddenly about something completely unrelated.

quote:
Also and also why did you jump that topic in that thread. I especially linked my post to that thread's related post which reports the bug about Personalized Status window is behind the Contact List and note that I didn't say another problem I have posted..., but said another problem which was posted..
I didn't say you posted another problem. Who posted that other problem is completely, but utterly completely besides the point. It completely does not matter if you or anyone else posted about that other problem, that other problem is off topic and unrelated to this thread. And THAT is why it doesn't make any sense, and quite frankly completely incoherent with what you are talking about in the first sentences of your previous post (which is about the status itself, NOT about the window z-order placements). And all that previous post is again off topic from this thread because this thread is about the on-top feature of the Event Viewer window.

You make a thread about Problem A (with stuff in it which is already inlogic, but let's put that aside)... A few posts later you post about a completely unrelated problem B, but you base stuff of your post on things you posted about problem A. In that same post you also link and talk about problem C, which is again completely unrelated to A and B...

And to make matters worse, in your last post you now start talking about a suggestion which suddenly seems to come again completely out of the blue. You did not said anything remotely reassembling what you just now said, befiore, in any post. It is not an explaination of what you were trying to say before, it is again something completely new, but you make it as if it is an explaination of a previous post of yours. (and that happens in almost all your posts you make). So it is quite normal that people do not understand you or even don't bother anymore reading your posts.

You did not said anything about prosponing the personalised status countdown until the window is filled in and confirmed before, in any post (and that is all there is to say about that suggestion, not the complete random stuff you throw into it). Everything you said before was completely something else.

quote:
Really? Please read carefully.

(...)

What I always advice you to do. Please think twice when posting. At least think on your writings before sending your post.
For your information I take that as an insult now. I always think before I post something and I always try things out first and I will not post about something if I'm not sure it will help or is the correct information, and I do research before posting something.

quote:
quote:
Last, fixing something and coding something new isn't as simple as copy/pasing some block of code from somewhere to somewhere else (I'd whish :p).
I am not programmer; however I know that it is not that much easy as much as you know. Can't you see that my writing aims to guide in some way.
Then do not suggest such stuff! Your additional suggestions to a problem do not guide at all, in fact they do the opposite.

quote:
quote:
The only ting needed to be fixed a bit is the behaviour of the on-top feature of the event viewer window, which you are right about, nothing more.
So you think when Contact List is minimized, Event Viewer should too regardless of its Always On Top option. But what about people who want to keep Contact List closed and follow contact activities from only Event Viewer?
(Who again said something about not reading what has been posted?)

What you just said here has got nothing todo with the minimize button (or rather the lack of) which you were talking about in your previous post. I said you were correct about the on-topic feature of the Event Viewer not working quite good in some situations, which Matty also confirmed, nothing more.

If the user want his Event Viewer visible while the contact list is closed, he can use the on-topic feature. This is how it currently works!!!! (maybe you should have tried this out before asking this question, or accusing me of not knowing how Plus! works)

The minimize button thing has got nothing todo with this, but reagrding that (and to jump again to something different): I said if you want the Event Viewer to be out of sight, you can close it; so you don't need a minimize button.

------------

So, please stop making completely incoherent, off topic talk/explainations with all sorts of stuff thrown in, together with some random suggestions which are completely inlogic or which have nothing todo with your first suggestions or remarks.

You might mean it well, but all the random talk and off-topicness thrown in makes it extremely hard to understand anything from your posts. And less and less people will actually bother to even read your posts and trying to decypher them (your reputation reflects that). Slow down in posting and review your posts before posting. Especially since you have problems with English it is extremely important to make your suggestions understandable.

This post was edited on 05-06-2007 at 12:35 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-06-2007 11:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by ahmetgns on 05-03-2007 at 10:48 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by Menthix on 05-04-2007 at 10:46 AM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by ahmetgns on 05-05-2007 at 10:18 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by CookieRevised on 05-05-2007 at 11:43 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by Patchou on 05-06-2007 at 02:24 AM
RE: RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by ahmetgns on 05-06-2007 at 09:49 AM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by CookieRevised on 05-06-2007 at 11:37 AM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by ahmetgns on 05-07-2007 at 03:09 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by Sunshine on 05-07-2007 at 03:29 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by Menthix on 05-07-2007 at 03:47 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by Sunshine on 05-07-2007 at 03:57 PM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by CookieRevised on 05-09-2007 at 01:18 AM
RE: Always On Top option of WLM affects Event Viewer window and make it AOT also - by ahmetgns on 05-09-2007 at 09:23 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: