What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » 7 reasons the world will end in 2012

Pages: (26): « First « 17 18 19 20 [ 21 ] 22 23 24 25 » Last »
Do you think the world will end in 2012..?
This poll is closed.
Yes 26 15.95%
No 137 84.05%
Total: 163 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

7 votes - 2.57 average   7 reasons the world will end in 2012
Author: Message:
Svip
Board's Foremost Baby-Eater

I eat babies.

37 / Other / Flag
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012
quote:
Originally posted by aeromanx
Did anyone ever consider that the Myan race died out? Let me see...Hmmmm. Has ANYONE ever been in the middle of a project which would have taken a long time and died before it was compelted?....Hmmmm.  Is it even remotely possible that the Myans were preparing calendars and just happened to die off before they were finished?....Hmmmm.
Or could it be they didn't even expect themselves to exist that long?  So why make it longer?
[Image: weredoomed4ds.png]
03-22-2008 06:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
There is nothing which says that the Mayan calender stopped or will stop at one point! In fact, if you whish, you can still use the Mayan calender now and you would still be able to use it one million yeas from now. It is a calender like so many other calenders we know today, nothing special, except for the fact that it is more precise than other calenders of that time. Everything else is just superstitious talk.

No, the Mayan calender does not stop in 2012, it simply starts counting again, just like we start counting again each year at newyear, just as the Chinese start counting again on their newyear, which is different from Western calenders, etc!

quote:
Originally posted by pointono
Okay ... words can't even describe how stupid this idea is. I am going to go work for NASA in a few years, I think I'd know ...
Congratulations. Though I hope you do realise that for instance the ashes thrown out by a super volcano DOES affect the atmosphere, even world wide. In fact, you don't need a supervolcano for that to happen, see some of the last big eruptions, even in this last century.... And even at the NASA headcourters there are jenators, they work for NASA too, if you catch my drift.

quote:
Originally posted by chrisracus
(...) And at that time, I believe our planet will be pummeled by these debris.  Maybe even by another solar system or Sun crossing our path?
:rolleyes:
quote:
(...) and it's only going to get worse.
who says so?
quote:
And with the changing of the earths magnetic fields in 2012 (After completion of the earths wobble) we will not have any protection against even the smallest atmospheric intruders.
ermmm. yeah.... source? Or this is another thing based upon what you've "read on the net"?
quote:
Look at the small asteroid that crashed near Yakima, Washington.
??????? What about it? It's an meteorite. What should that proof?

Maybe you better read up on some proper material from the LINEAR or NEAT team, or from SpaceWatch instead of letting imagination taking over...

This post was edited on 03-22-2008 at 07:26 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-22-2008 06:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Did anyone ever consider that the Myan race died out? Let me see...Hmmmm. Has ANYONE ever been in the middle of a project which would have taken a long time and died before it was compelted

HMMMMMMMMMMMM..... the myan race never existed? the mayan race didn't die out.

have you even seen a mayan calendar? haha. read on the mayan calendar, plzkthx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar#Calendar_Round

it never talks about your crap
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
03-22-2008 07:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Baggins

B000ALFAZO

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Svip
quote:
Did anyone ever consider that the Myan race died out? Let me see...Hmmmm. Has ANYONE ever been in the middle of a project which would have taken a long time and died before it was compelted?....Hmmmm.  Is it even remotely possible that the Myans were preparing calendars and just happened to die off before they were finished?....Hmmmm.
Or could it be they didn't even expect themselves to exist that long?  So why make it longer?
That seems quite pessimistic.
03-22-2008 07:13 PM
Raul^7

37 / Male / Flag
never know never know
PSN: Q8Raul
03-22-2008 07:41 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo
quote:
Originally posted by Svip
quote:
That seems quite pessimistic.
Not really.
Chances of the earth surviving at the current rate till the year 3001 seems slim. Why see what day 01/01/3001 is then? :P
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
03-23-2008 08:28 AM
Wendigo

I like how this is a poll, like it's all a matter of opinion. :) Anyways, the world will probably end in about 4.6 billion years, when the sun transforms into a red giant, possibly getting big enough to engulf the earth in a cloud of cosmic gas around 5000 K in temperature, or possibly sending the earth into a radically different orbit, killing of all life as we then know it because of a global and drastic change in climate. (not like the ice caps melting, more like them evaporating, or the temperature dropping to -100 degrees Celsius average)
03-23-2008 03:58 PM
kdlight

Hey, folks you forgot the 8th reason, a prophecy by St. Malachy, who lived in the middle ages, had the gift of prophecy and predicted, with deadly accuracy, the lingeage of popes from his time down to the present.

According to St. Malachy, the second-to-the-last pope is now reigning. The last pope will reign over the Catholic Church, in the end times.

I know some folks were were rather upset when the present pope was elected, because he is awfully old.

kdl
03-30-2008 03:06 AM
Aardvark

Waterfall! :O

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012
quote:
Originally posted by kdlight
According to St. Malachy, the second-to-the-last pope is now reigning.
How? Did they specify what year the pope would be elected? How many popes it would be until then? etc.
03-30-2008 03:11 AM
kdlight

No, he just gave a succession of popes from the middle ages on down, no dates. And no mention of 2012.

But, we if we are now experiencing the 2nd-to-the-last pope and the last one is supposed to reign when the world comes to an end, it looks to be getting awfully close to the doomsday date we are discussing.

You can read about St. Malachy's predictions on the internet, they are all over the place, some of them tied to doomsday.

kdl
03-30-2008 03:18 PM
Pages: (26): « First « 17 18 19 20 [ 21 ] 22 23 24 25 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: