What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » pop account notification

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
pop account notification
Author: Message:
hannubys

O.P. RE: pop account notification
I don't know if i well understood what you meant (i'm french) when you talk about change count in the registry!but maybe you talk about this; in vista we don't have in the log on screen "we have ?? new mails." so i can't tell you if it is updated in registry. when i click the test button in plus it contacts successfully the server. for now i can't determine the source of the problem it doesn't update the number of email.
I think i have spotted the problem. it's maybe due to the option "update the unread email in my windows account" and even if i uncheck it later i have still this error.

This post was edited on 05-26-2007 at 04:01 PM by hannubys.
05-26-2007 03:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: pop account notification
Are you seeing the toast popup and clicking it to open a link/program?
05-28-2007 02:56 AM
hannubys

yes, i can do it. I just realized that i didn't mention it in previous posts but this error is displayed 3 times consecutively then the toast appear.

This post was edited on 05-28-2007 at 10:03 AM by hannubys.
05-28-2007 05:35 AM
hannubys

any other ideas
05-31-2007 01:03 AM
Sad Nation

It is still happening here too, even after the latest update
06-07-2007 06:47 PM
hannubys

maybe patchou you can just add a checkbox to choose to display a info ballon instead of the toast to fix this problem
06-21-2007 06:41 PM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
Sorry.... On the first page, you said that you have the latest Plus! version (as you said 4.21)
quote:
Originally posted by hannubys
i have the last version 8.1.0178.00 of messenger and the last Messenger Plus 4.21.270

BUT the real latest version of Plus! is 4.23!!!
Get it on: http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/

If I'm not wrong Patchou made bug fixes and other changes on this version for the people who uses Vista or WLM 8,5 (or something like that)... Don't remember well :$
;)

This post was edited on 06-22-2007 at 01:52 AM by MicroWay.
06-22-2007 01:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
We should have the habit of checking threads' or posts' dates, MicroWay. Probably hannubys already have the 4.23 (the last version for the time being).

And even if you can't remember what has been done for new versions, check Change Log of Messenger Plus! (it is also accessible by the link on About Messenger Plus!... window of the software).

And hunnubys, your editing on your first post:
quote:
An other thing, why it says the total number of mails instead of saying for example i have 3 news mails.
It is normal, i.e., there is nothing wrong with it. Because Messenger Plus! reports the total e-mail number, not only unread (new) mail number. Though it is somehow misleading but I suggest you to move your read messages to a new folder which can be named "Read E-mails". Then MsgPlus! will show the unread mail number correctly. EDIT: Sorry for not giving all the details about how a POP3 mail system should work and how POP3 systems of some mail servers work and how Messenger Plus! retrieve the mail count. And you mustn't add new questions by editting your posts after a couple of days, or even after a couple of hours. Because if your post is replied, then people are concentrated on the replies and may not notice your editings on your first post.

This post was edited on 06-24-2007 at 01:20 PM by ahmetgns.
06-22-2007 06:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
hannubys

ok. Also i already did the update to the 4.23 but still have the problem
06-22-2007 12:42 PM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
We should have the habit of checking threads' or posts' dates, MicroWay.....
And even if you can't remember what has been done for new versions, check Change Log of Messenger Plus! (it is also accessible by the link on About Messenger Plus!... window of the software).
I've checked the date AND the whole thread if anyone told him to update to 4.23... :P Anyway... let's help him... :)
About the Versions Log, my mistake... :S

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
When you recieve the toast telling you you have new mail, Plus! can/will also change the Windows' recieved mail count in the registry. I start to get the feeling this is the problem (also because it doesn't happen when you click the test button in the pop3 preferences in Plus!), though this feeling can be completely wrong of course :p...

Something like you (Plus!) don't have the proper access rights to change it (typical stuff for Vista), or the location is slightly different for your Windows (would surprise me), or you even have a bad registry image, or whatever (all just guesses though)...

I don't know for sure anymore and I can't check, but I thought Plus! had some registry setting which could turn of the automatical update of Windows' new email count.

Would be nice to hear more about all this from Patchou.
I'm starting to think that Cookie is right... Anyway, on this point, let's wait for Patchou answer... :S

06-22-2007 10:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: