What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] Status Icon Version 1.02

Pages: (10): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 » Last »
[release] Status Icon Version 1.02
Author: Message:
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [release] Status Icon Version 1.02
Since veggie isnt around that often anymore, ill post this build, there is a new version of this script coming... just uni assignments atm :(

I've attached a working older version of this script, and in 1-2weeks ill post a new version which changes the icon based on if the contact is typing :)

This post was edited on 03-29-2009 at 02:35 AM by -dt-.
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
03-29-2009 01:46 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
-dt-, that is the exact same version posted by Chris4 yesterday, version 1.0 which has issues.

I already gave Veggie the latest existing version (1.02 - and with some added stuff (user email in window title bar)) after talking to him before I posted in this thread yesterday.

But I refuse to upload the latest version unless Veggie says I can, and he didn't explicity said I could post it. He simply asked if I could upload it to him so he can have a look at it. That was yesterday...

So to avoid further confusion, mixing up versions, etc, etc, let's all be a bit patient until Veggie posts here again or if someone hears from him again.

The latest version, for now, is 1.02, which is clearly stated in the description when you import and in the script itself. Anything less has issues...

This post was edited on 03-29-2009 at 02:50 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-29-2009 02:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
oh heh, must have been using an old version for a while ;<
03-29-2009 02:36 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
apparently....

Although, now that I look at it more closely you did add (the beginning of?) the typing feature here. So this is a version between 1.0 and 1.01... Talking about confusion (hence why I don't like uploading other people's scripts without the approval of the original author and certainly not when they are 'custom' modified).

But since this is like a kind of co-op script and I worked on it too, I do like to give you the link to "1.02c - bis", my (second) modified version of Veggie's 1.02 version. Maybe you can add the typing thingie in that and send it to Veggie for 'approval'. See pm....

This post was edited on 03-29-2009 at 04:38 PM by CookieRevised.
03-29-2009 02:42 AM
Veggie

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [release] Status Icon Version 1.02
sorry about this guys, im bogged down with uni work!
you can upload it!
also ive always wanted to add user is typing, but xsniff was unreliable, i take it you have made progress on your packet sniffer dt?

sorry again!

p.s. didnt matty make a version of this script somewhere?

This post was edited on 03-29-2009 at 11:32 AM by Veggie.
03-29-2009 11:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
sorry about this guys, im bogged down with uni work!
you can upload it!
also ive always wanted to add user is typing, but xsniff was unreliable, i take it you have made progress on your packet sniffer dt?

sorry again!

p.s. didnt matty make a version of this script somewhere?
yeah quite a bit of progress :)
03-29-2009 12:07 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
A suggestion from me: Since this is based on Veggie's version but isnt his, maybe a new thread should be made.

(Of course giving Veggie credit for the original version)
03-29-2009 02:10 PM
T-PO

– / Male / Flag
Sorry guys, but I'm getting lost in this discussion....

My suggestion:
Veggie, can you please upload your latest version to the script database with the correct version number (so we can update using /check updates)

If other people want to add features to it, please do so and add this also to the database...

My 2 cents...

Regards,

T-PO
03-29-2009 05:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by T-PO
Sorry guys, but I'm getting lost in this discussion....

My suggestion:
Veggie, can you please upload your latest version to the script database with the correct version number (so we can update using /check updates)

If other people want to add features to it, please do so and add this also to the database...

My 2 cents...

Regards,

T-PO
I dont think you are the only one :P

Ill try to fill you in:

Veggie is pretty busy at the moment so his original Status Icon project is pretty much dead right now.
Now CookieRevised/-dt- have made his/their own version based on Veggie's version (Veggie's version was also made thanks to coop from Cookie). Cookie (for strange reasons because I dont see where the problem is in releasing his version and just saying thanks to Veggie or based on Veggie's script, etc is) won't release it until he gets the OK from Veggie (which he has) and -dt- I have no clue how he fits into the story.

So right now its up to Cookie to upload the version or not (Id start a new thread as this one is kinda getting outta hand)
03-29-2009 05:43 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [release] Status Icon Version 1.02
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Cookie (for strange reasons because I dont see where the problem is in releasing his version and just saying thanks to Veggie or based on Veggie's script, etc is) won't release it until he gets the OK from Veggie (which he has) and -dt- I have no clue how he fits into the story.
The sole reason I didn't wanted to upload the latest version before is exactly because this can lead to what you all see now:

people starting to upload or referencing random stuff without knowing the version, without even checking !!!!! (or they would have seen that those are very old versions), and without the original author's approval...

Sorry, but uploading all those depricted versions together with not reading posts made it "confusing", nothing else. If people were a bit more patient and/or checked what they actually uploaded then this wouldn't have happened...

You simply do not upload a script which is from someone else without the approval of the original author, period.

So, strange reason? I don't think so... Extremely clear reason me thinks...

And creating other threads will certainly not make things any more clear... learn to read a thread instead, so that 'new' threads about the exact same thing to make things supposidly less confusing don't need to be created in the first place...

I'll upload version 1.02 when I have time, or when -dt- or Veggie didn't uploaded it in the mean time....

[/agitated]

This post was edited on 03-29-2009 at 06:14 PM by CookieRevised.
03-29-2009 06:04 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: