What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Please people

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Please people
Author: Message:
Boo B

O.P. Undecided  Please people
Please stop making stupid scripts that no one wants
Auto Hey or auto Sup or auto bla because
when you download Answering machine Plus
and you can do aaalll of that stuff in 1 script
i use it to shutdown my PC or MSN remotely or lock it and stuff from another PC
like receive: /Lock3522
answer: /Lock
3522 is a password so other people can't anoy me by locking my msn
but those are not the only people that make stupid stuff
there is worse
scripts thats totally useless and that don't work
no offense guys but we want scripts wa can USE or that are funny or something you have some use of
and like... blocking prank thingy
people will thing you are made at them because you always block them and they get angry and you 2 have a fight...
its been a long time sins i downloaded another script
please make useful scripts like:
SendTo,Convo Notifier,Enchanter,GroupBlocking,Key Flasher,Now Playing,Mute,Reminder+,Screenshot sender,ReadThis,ReduceMEM,Sign Backin,CountDown live,Uneed script, and more...
to all those people
thanks! because they made my WLM MUCH better
tho the other people
please try to make scripts that not is already been made or something that you can already do in another script
thx
06-10-2007 09:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Please people
I know what you are trying to say, but I think what you should be saying is that people should only submit quality scripts to the scripts database and tougher restrictions on those going in.  I still feel there should be scripts of a lower quality submitted to the forums for others to look at and give feedback so the people who make it can improve their skills.  We all have to start somewhere but there should be limits to what they are allowed.
[Image: markee.png]
06-10-2007 09:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Boo B

O.P. RE: Please people
yeah your right :)

This post was edited on 06-10-2007 at 09:53 AM by Boo B.
06-10-2007 09:53 AM
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
Erm, I agree and disagree on different levels. What you seem to be suggesting is that everyone who isn't making a high quality script shouldn't script at all, when in fact people might like to re-create a script to learn stuff; the goal of writing a script isn't necessarily to make an amazing script everyone will want. However, I agree with the fact only the scripts that seem to be popular or a wanted script should be submitted to the database. The problem arrises i trying to define a quality script, or a script that performs a new feature. For example, taking a simple script idea and someone uses lots of text files with messy coding and ultimately it just works, then this script would be submitted because it performs a new function. However, then another person comes along and re-scripts this idea to a higher standard, is it fair to just discard the original script and effort the original scripter worked so hard on? It's a vague topic and frankly, I don't see a problem with the current system: just don't download the scripts you don't want, problem solved.
formerly methos
06-10-2007 10:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by methos
Erm, I agree and disagree on different levels. What you seem to be suggesting is that everyone who isn't making a high quality script shouldn't script at all, when in fact people might like to re-create a script to learn stuff; the goal of writing a script isn't necessarily to make an amazing script everyone will want. However, I agree with the fact only the scripts that seem to be popular or a wanted script should be submitted to the database. The problem arrises i trying to define a quality script, or a script that performs a new feature. For example, taking a simple script idea and someone uses lots of text files with messy coding and ultimately it just works, then this script would be submitted because it performs a new function. However, then another person comes along and re-scripts this idea to a higher standard, is it fair to just discard the original script and effort the original scripter worked so hard on? It's a vague topic and frankly, I don't see a problem with the current system: just don't download the scripts you don't want, problem solved.
I agree with that mostly, but the original script developer should have been advised to put it on the forum and ask for some guidance in how to improve it rather than instant submission because of it's uniqueness.
[Image: markee.png]
06-10-2007 10:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
people can make whatever they want, so go away
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
06-10-2007 10:35 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Boo B
i use it to shutdown my PC or MSN remotely or lock it and stuff from another PC
like receive: /Lock3522
answer: /Lock
3522 is a password so other people can't anoy me by locking my msn

(Y)
4 8 15 16 23 42
06-10-2007 10:36 AM
Boo B

O.P. RE: Please people
yeah ok your all right :D
you know what
NM
lock this :D
06-10-2007 10:50 AM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
I think people should be free to release their works, as long as they don't cause damage to the user's computer (like a virus or something). But also, I think if you want your script in the Scripting Database, you should at least have spent time improving your script and fixing known bugs, so the quality of the script is assured.

In my opinion, releasing scripts is a bit like selling lemonade: if you want to sell lemonade, you can look up the receipt, make some and sell it in your street. But if you want to sell your lemonade to the big public, you better first check if the taste's good and isn't poisoned or something. :)
Whoa, in fact these things have a lot in common! :O
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
06-10-2007 11:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
its good practice for people trying to learn to code. they're only showing others what they can do, even if they are crap =p other forum members can show them better ways/improving scripts that they make.

if you dont want it dont get it. simple as. but dont put down the peopl that are trying to learn how to do them.
you never know they come up with a really good script....

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
06-10-2007 01:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: