What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » HP: DH (Predictions)

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
Who do you think will die?
This poll is closed.
Harry Potter 3 8.82%
Lord Voldemort (Tom Marvolo Riddle) 10 29.41%
Both 19 55.88%
None (Maverick, eh?) 2 5.88%
Total: 34 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

HP: DH (Predictions)
Author: Message:
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
RE: HP: DH (Predictions)
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Nice idea methos.... I wouldn't have thought of it.... maybe Harry's killing curse kills Voldy and somehow it backfires and makes harry a squib/muggle
Ha, I thought it was too, I just made it up off the top of my head when typing, I just wanted a reason to say 'Harry won't die' tbh :P Something inside me is just saying he's not gonna die, and the only other real way it would be hard to continue from the novels would be to remove the magic.
formerly methos
06-20-2007 05:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: HP: DH (Predictions)
quote:
Originally posted by Damokun
If you read book six, you'll see that creating horcruxes requires incantations and such, you can't 'accidentally' make somebody a horcrux.
And okay, let's presume Voldemort did make him a horcrux. Why would he try kill his damned horcrux? Why would he make his mortal enemy a horcrux?
Finally someone says it right :)
* John Anderton gives Damo a cookie

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Dumbledore may be in the book, but probably doesn't get rezzed - his memories from his pensive may be used to guide Harry or something.
Yep (Y)

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Although perhaps Dumbledore used Voldemort as a horcrux so that he can't die until Voldemort does. That'd be kinda cool.
That would be stupid. Living things aren't preferred to be horcruxes. Also Dumbledore wouldn't do something so evil to split his soul and he was totally nice. Once you split your soul, you become kinda inhuman because you lose a part of yourself.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-20-2007 06:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Everyone. 666.
06-20-2007 06:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Harry potter is going to die, i know he will.
06-21-2007 08:37 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Damokun
quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
Pft if you remember, he uses only important deaths for horcrux's.
Why yes, you're right. Now if YOU remember, he was most likely going to use Harry's death as his next horcrux. He didn't achieve this so they opt that Nagini is one, using the death of Frank Bryce to split his soul.
quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
So he was obviously ready to do it and maybe did the incantation.
And? You think just because he killed Harry's parents his soul's just going to jump into the next thing it sees? Nobody knows how the ritual works exactly but we all know that Voldemort chooses his Horcruxes. And I dare say you'd do the incantation on the object after you've killed somebody, not before.

Best example of this, if Nagini is a horcrux, Voldemort didn't know Frank Bryce would be there that night, Nagini informed him that he was outside the door. Avada Kedavra, Frank's dead, THEN Voldemort does his hocus pokus.

Damo saves the day again :cry: <3
[Image: jumbled.png]
06-21-2007 03:27 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Nice idea methos.... I wouldn't have thought of it.... maybe Harry's killing curse kills Voldy and somehow it backfires and makes harry a squib/muggle
That's just dumb :-/
A curse making you a squib/muggle. You're kidding me, right?
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
06-22-2007 06:23 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
Well.... not exactly that, but Voldies and harry have a weird connection.... his scar because of the avada kedavra is something that has never been seen before, so instead of killing voldies and ending there it does something to harry... I dunno :P

but JKR did say the story was going to be hard to continue so :p
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
06-22-2007 06:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
If she makes Harry into a muggle/squib the ending would be so dodgy that I'd fly all the way till the UK just to trout slap her.. :dodgy:
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
06-22-2007 06:30 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
f she makes Harry into a muggle/squib the ending would be so dodgy that I'd fly all the way till the UK just to trout slap her..
Rofl, it's just a thought.....

Btw, an interesting thing about book's security and the way the are handled (for the american edition), comes from a mod on darkmark.com (fanta is webmaster there :cheesy:):

quote:
Originally posted by winkie

The other issue is how on earth anyone could get their hands on this and not get caught. I have worked (only telecommuting, unfortunately, and on a non-HP project) with Brad Walrod, who has done the layout for at least three of the American books.

One day I said I just had to ask him, what's it like? And he said that the text and images are given to him by security. He goes to the publisher's offices to do the layout, and every day when he leaves, he would have to prove that he had saved the work so far on an external hard disk, which was locked away, and then wipe the hard drive. Every single day. The computer that the layout is done on is certainly not connected to the internet, or the internal network of the publishers. It is stand alone. When he is done with the whole project, it is couriered to the press.

In addition, when he took the job on, he walked into a boardroom that was filled with an army of lawyers to sign huge stacks of contract. He would lose everything if he leaked, and I'm reasonably sure that this level of security was not provided only for his benefit. They keep the number of people working on this project extremely low, and take enormous legal care with it.

I work in a small publisher's studio. Here's what you need to create a Harry Potter type book in the 2nd millenium:
the writer (Jo)
an editor, possibly two
an illustrator
a layout designer/compositor
a copyeditor, possibly two
a printer (only one has to actually view the book, the press runs mechanically and electronically)

Now granted, swap Jo for a translator, and you need the same team of six to eight for each language edition. But that's extremely small.

Even when you add in security teams, this number is still extremely small. The major leak damage comes when the books go out to the bookstores and begin to tempt the people who work there. Even then, if they're caught (when they're caught, the whole point of leaks is the sharing—if you just read it and kept your mouth shut, who'd know?), the consequences will cost their jobs, and the lawsuit will cost everything else.

*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
06-22-2007 06:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
I agree with what darkmark said and its pretty obvious such measures are taken by any company for a book that is so highly anticipated but a very high percentage of the people who read books (ie novels) :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
06-22-2007 06:39 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend