What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L)

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L)
Author: Message:
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L)
quote:
Originally posted by jayashanthi
i did not lock my windows live! i am using it rite now... i locked messenger plus! version 4.23.276 
maybe i'm not in the rite place to find these answers...
neva mind i'll try ask some other web or i can live without plus!
thanks anywayz...

you can NOT lock messenger plus!, you can only "lock"* windows live messenger. Why? because messenger plus! is still running to ensure windows live messenger is "locked"*.

Asking on another website won't help you because they will probably give a similar explination or just tell you to come back here anyway.

*locking is exactly the same as hiding messenger, the only difference is that the lock feature in plus! will change the icon. But remember it will only lock windows live messenger NOT messenger plus!
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
07-13-2007 09:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jayashanthi

29 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Please help! (accidentally locked MP!L)
but i'm using windows live messenger now and my icon has changed... and i tried all the things u told me 2 try exept the hard drive thing cause i cannot find that icon anywhere near my clock place thingy...

my icon has a black backgroud
07-14-2007 08:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
then double click the ones you think it can be and try it, even if the background is different that shouldn't matter.

This post was edited on 07-14-2007 at 08:39 AM by MattyRid.
07-14-2007 08:39 AM
jayashanthi

29 / Female / Flag
double click the the ones it can be?
i don understand...sorry

i don relly care but da backgroud but ever since that icon is black my msg plus! was not workin anymore but my windows live is working
07-14-2007 08:42 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
anything you think will unlock it...just double click it and see if that unlocks messenger, if none of them do, try holding "Ctrl" down on your keyboard each time. You will find it.
07-14-2007 08:43 AM
jayashanthi

29 / Female / Flag
okey thanks

but...is there any other place i can find that icon? the hard drive with tubes under it?
07-14-2007 08:44 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
but...is there any other place i can find that icon? the hard drive with tubes under it?
as stated heaps of times already in this thread, near your clock, but please remember we only use that icon as a guide because that is what the default setting is, if you changed it then your own your own trying to find the icon.

This post was edited on 07-14-2007 at 08:48 AM by MattyRid.
07-14-2007 08:48 AM
jayashanthi

29 / Female / Flag
fine...but it aint near my clock
i'll try look 4 it now...
07-14-2007 08:50 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
fine...but it aint near my clock
i'll try look 4 it now...

that is the only place it can be if it's related to locking messenger. I can see, and bet for that metter, that this is going to be nothing but going in circles

* MattyRid brings out the cash again and starts betting again
07-14-2007 08:52 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
only my msg plus is locked
i wanted to check my chat logs but instead i pressed lock plus!
The only item in the main Plus! menu related to what your problem could be is: "Lock Messenger".

Most stuff said in this thread is a solution for unlocking Messenger.

And pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL or CTRL-SHIFT-SPACEBAR and killing the msnmsgr.exe process will always work. Since the lock feature for Mesenger will not stay in place when you close Messenger.

The same story goes for restarting your computer. If you restart you computer the lock will always be removed.

It makes absolutely no sense that it doesn't work for you, unless you didn't followed the instructions properly, or unless you mean something completely different than the "Lock Messenger" feature but that also means your post, which I quoted above, doesn't make any sense....

You also said from the beginning you used Messenger Plus! Live. This means you are using Windows Live Messenger, yet in your last post here you say "but i'm using windows live messenger now and my icon has changed.". So were you or were you not using Windows Live Messenger?

I mention all this because you need to be extremely carefull in what you say if you want to get proper support. People can not help you if you keep on posting contradicting things.

-----------------

Some questions which should have been asked to you from the start:

1) What version of Messenger are you using?
To check this you can go to the contactlist menu: Help > About Messenger.
Give the complete version number (this includes the numbers between the parenthesis).

2) What version of Messenger Plus! are you using (note that Messenger Plus! and Messenger are two seperate programs)?
To check this you can go to the contactlist menu: Plus! > About.
Again, give the complete version number (including all numbers)

3) What is the exact (I repeat: exact) stuff you did? This includes: what have you exactly done before Messenger was locked? What exact menu item did you clicked (exact name please) to lock it.

Be accurate and give the correct menu names and options you might have changed.

-----------------

If I would guess I would say you locked the preferences of Messenger Plus! with a password. (but again, in that case your post saying you accidently clicked "locked Plus!" doesn't make any sense since there is no such menu item to lock the preferences of Messenger Plus!, it can only be done by altering the preferences).
The lock feature for the preferences of Plus! is the only thing which does not reset back when you close Messenger or when you reboot your computer.

To check if it is this feature which is causing you the trouble, go to your contactlist and select the menu: Plus! > Preferences.

If you get a dialog box asking for a password, then my guess is correct and you can find instruction here to how to remove the lock.

If you don't get a dialog box and you can access the preferences, then I am realy realy lost in what you exactly mean and I would like to see a screenshot of what you exactly see on your desktop.

-----------------

Please read the post above very very carefully, do not skip anything, do everything which is said and which is asked before you reply again.

;)

This post was edited on 07-14-2007 at 09:10 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-14-2007 09:07 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: