What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » anyone know of...

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
anyone know of...
Author: Message:
kazza989

O.P. RE: anyone know of...
yeah sorry, i downloaded the script and installed it, and did what it said, put my email where u have to, then i put in 1 minute to see if it works, because i couldnt be bothered waiting a whole hour, and now i have a timer in the middle of my conversation window that currently has "-7 mins" :S

I've probably done something wrong, this is the first time i've downloaded a script.
Thankyou so much for finding that though :D
07-17-2007 12:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: anyone know of...
When I set mine to 60 mins it got stuck at 59 mins.
I tried setting it to 1 minute and it's doing the same as yours...

Hmm, maybe SpunkyLoveMuff will reply when he comes online.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-17-2007 01:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kazza989

i just set mine to 60 just after my last post, and now it's on 52 mins
*fingers crossed*
07-17-2007 01:04 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Hope it works (Y):P
07-17-2007 01:05 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
works fine here. however u can sign straight back in
07-17-2007 01:10 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
works fine here. however u can sign straight back in
Yeah, that is a slight problem. :tongue:

Hopefully kazza989 will learn to turn the computer off once he has been signed out. :rolleyes:
07-17-2007 01:28 PM
kazza989

Yeah that will be a bit of a problem. Preferrably i want something that resricts me from WLM for the rest of the day, but thats ok, at least with this it will remind me when ive been on for an hour and motivate me to get off and do study rather than staying online for hours losing track of time.
However if anyone comes across any scripts that restrict the use of WLM after a certain time, please inform me :)

Thanks again for all of your help (Y) Muchly appreciated!

... now i just need a way to keep me off myspace haha!

*sigh* how pathetic
07-17-2007 01:34 PM
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kazza989
... now i just need a way to keep me off myspace haha!

*sigh* how pathetic
yeah, you really shouldnt use myspace :P

and restain yourself from WLM that might help too, go cold turkey.

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
07-17-2007 01:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
As I just did my HSC last year I can give you the following advice:

You can't rely on programs like these to get you studying, trust me, if you dont have the will power to stop using the computer at your own discretion then you won't, you'll end up just browsing the internet or watching TV etc.

You have to think about what the HSC means to you, depending on your priorites it can be quite important and considering that you're just entering your 3rd term and you're going to be having your Trials in a couple/few weeks you really need to start studying if you have not done so already.

What you need to do is have something which you want to accomplish during your study time in order to motivate you to study. Going in and opening a random page in your workbook really won't help you at all, you need to look at your syllabus (especially for the sciences, other subjects are usually not as straight forward but teachers should have explained more or less exactly what's required) and make sure that you can answer every single dot point there. Don't just 'answer' them in your mind as when I do this I tend to be overconfident and think I understand a concept but when I'm told to write it down I realise that I don't understand it quite as well as I expected.
I'm not sure about which subjects you do but most of the subjects I did (quantitative ones such as Maths 3U & 4U, Physics, Chem, Software Design & Dev) don't require you to memorise things as much as they demand you to understand them - especially the sciences. If you're doing any of these quantitative subjects then you need to understand why something is done in a certain way, simply memorising the formulas or relying on the formula sheets provided is close to useless as you would be extremely fortunate if they gave you a straight forward question which didn't require any thinking.

To be honest, a lot of teachers say you shouldn't attempt previous exams without studying first, whilst it's true I find that attempting previous tests first (especially in maths) is a great way of understanding what type of things are required of you and is great for setting a goal of what level of knowledge is expected from you. Just make sure you save quite a few for after you've studied up as well :p

Uhh yeah, that's just my two cents.
Now just a bit about my experience: To be honest I was in the exact situation as yourself, I had real difficulty getting myself to leave the computer alone and go upstairs and study. The most important thing to me was making the decision on any certain day to go up and at least do something - sure a lot of the time I was just sitting at my desk staring at the wall, but if you set yourself a goal and make yourself DO something (ie. write something) instead of just reading and losing focus after about 2 sentences, then you will definitely learn things and if you can do this for even a few of hours (I found it hard to do more than 3) every day (or at least a few of the days) of the week - which still gives you a decent amount of time to chat on Messenger and watch tv - leading up to the exam then chances are you will be well prepared.
I guess it's really up to you in the end, just remember that you get rewarded for the amount of effort you decide to put in, no more, no less. You know when you're ready to walk into the exam feeling confident and when you need to study more.

Also, remember that after this whole ordeal is over you will have at least FOUR entire MONTHS of holidays before you even need to lift a pen again :p

I was not a model student at school, I sucked at English (the subject), I was performing below (or around) average in all of my 11th grade subjects, and I didn't spend every minute of every day studying as some people do - I still managed to pull my act together and get a 99.05 UAI :D

EDIT: I cant stress this enough: Make sure that you have something to study or it will be the biggest bore and waste of time ever.

EDIT2: If your computer is in your room I seriously suggest that you get it moved to somewhere where you can still use it for assignments/leisure but that it wont be too much of a temptation while you're actually trying to study :p

This post was edited on 07-17-2007 at 03:05 PM by Volv.
07-17-2007 02:56 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
myspace sucks

end of
07-17-2007 02:56 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »