What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Extending max. name&PSM

Extending max. name&PSM
Author: Message:
fayte7523

O.P. Extending max. name&PSM
Hi, is there a script available for extending the maximum amount of characters that's allowed in name and psm? Thx
07-23-2007 07:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Extending max. name&PSM
Don't quote me on it but don't the servers check the number of characters used, thus if you did extend your nickname and PSM it wouldn't work at all?
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
07-23-2007 07:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Extending max. name&PSM
I know that it was possible to boost the Personal Message length on previous versions of Messenger by doing a resource (or hex) edit (All the patches stole this function off me! Those asses :p) but I'm not sure if it's still possible. There was a max length checked by the server itself which was significantly larger than that allowed by the client.

As for nicknames I believe in the past you could type /nick <name> and it would allow you to have larger nicknames, I might be imagining this (as I'm not a person who uses excessively long nicknames) and I'm not sure if this is still possible or not.

EDIT: I just checked some patches' features and they dont seem to have the boost PSM feature any more so I assume it may no longer be possible (or at least as simple as it used to be without manipulating protocol)...

This post was edited on 07-23-2007 at 10:11 AM by Volv.
07-23-2007 10:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: