What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!)

Pages: (8): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!)
Author: Message:
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
O.P. So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!)
So have you read it?
Did you like it?

Although some small bits seemed a bit obvious, and I got the diadem horcrux right (woo, made a bet, $5 coming my way :D), I ENJOYED IT.

I loved "Not my daughter, you bitch!", it was absolutely amazing.
Albus Severus surprised me!

This post was edited on 07-23-2007 at 05:54 PM by Voldemort.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
07-22-2007 08:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!)
Was a great book, I really liked it. It's not my favourite, PoA still holds that spot, but it wasn't my least favourite, either, it was good! I loved Dumbledore in this one... and learning everything about him. It really strengthened how much I like him as a character. I also loved Neville and McGonagall, and I was so sad about Lupin and Tonks, Fred, Dobby and Hedwig. ;_; I was pretty glad it turned out Snape was good. :P

My favourite line has to be: "Of course this is happening in your head Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
07-22-2007 09:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: So it's all over..... (Beware: Harry Potter spoilers!)
I love how Dumbledore is portrayed as a human, with flaws, temptations, problems, not completely good as a god or bad as Voldemort. Human.

Btw, ideas regarding the Dursleys?
They went successfully undercover, then what happened?
Dudley was a surprise:p
07-22-2007 09:05 PM
Vazza

– / Female / –
To be honest, I got to the end (in 15 hrs) and was disappointed. I think it was all the hype about it being the last book etc and then you get to the end and it and think "is that it?" I'm sorry to say but it seemed a little over too soon. I could have written a better ending and I didn't even take a course in proper literature writing.

All in all, I feel it was a poor ending to a fantastic series. It was dragged out too long, especially the whole Harry/Ron/Hermione thing. This book went the same as the films: crap

This post was edited on 07-22-2007 at 09:44 PM by Vazza.
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7267 days, 19 hours, 2 minutes, 16 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
07-22-2007 09:39 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
All in all, I feel it was a poor ending to a fantastic series. This book went the same as the films: crap

Why, what was wrong? There are like a 1000000 different endings, depends on us, and JKR said , "some will love it, some will hate it, but i like it" (not textual.). I enjoyed it.
quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
This book went the same as the films: crap

I disagree.... Some people not liking it doesn't mean that it is crap... just like music, Oh, I don't like Panic! at the Disco, It's crap!!! Then the guy next to you will say, hey, it's absolutely awesome!

Anyone who says it's crap and they could have done better, make a book that sells .1% of the amount of books Harry Potter has sold worldwide, (325 million from the first six books, on over 50 languages), which would be  325,000, and then we'll talk.
07-22-2007 09:50 PM
Vazza

– / Female / –
Hey I just posted my opinion of it, okay?
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7267 days, 19 hours, 2 minutes, 16 seconds ago
07-22-2007 09:52 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
So did I... sorry if i looked mad, cause i wasn't :p
07-22-2007 09:56 PM
Vimto

In and Out

32 / Female / Flag
I absolutely love this book, took me just under 11 hours to read it (but that including dinner and tea), and I enjoyed every hour of it!

Everyone comes out of their shell a bit more, which can be shown with the excessive amount of "BITCH" and "BASTARD"'s :tongue: Love the "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" who knew she had it in her...

I think its hilarious when they swear.

Yeah voldie (R.I.P) the dursleys came as a big shock to me too, well not much the dursleys as dudley, I would have thought it would have been Petunia to say some sort of "sorry" or whatever it was Dudley meant. It kind of brought Dudley out of the bad and into the good side of things.
Speaking of bringing the bad into good, Draco Malfoy, he must have knew that when Harry and the others were captured in Malfoy Manor that it was indeed them, but he just kept replying "I don't know, could be" Or something like that. So he kind of helped.

It also, I think, has the most sorrow (obviously). But I really feel sorry for Snape. All along he has been in the right, after killing Dumbledore I had like a death wish on him, but now you find out he was in love with lilly and it was on Dumbledores orders that he killed him.

Poor Percy, finally comes back into the family and one brother has no ear and the other is dead.

Tonks and Lupins deaths were the most shockful to me, as they just had a baby :| Which I thought was a bit mean...

And bringing poor elves and animals into it was too much! I mean okay let the wizards die but leave hedwig and dobby alone!!

So obvious that Ron and Hermione were going to get it on :P Well they only kissed but they had kids so they did eventually. I think its good that Harry ended up happy.

I think this book is maybe one of the best because it actually ends on a happy note, with the characters getting married and having kids. I am not ashamed to admit that the book made me cry, but then again I cry really easily, at the end when you find out one of Harrys sons is called "Albus Severus" That really got to me.

Well thats all I have to say about that (Yeah I've like retold most of the story :tongue:) Overall I think JKR has really outdone herself with this book, bringing all of the characters to and end, one way or the other, but keeping the three main ones alive and with the knowledge of how they ended up!
And when your heart begins to bleed, your dead
and dead and dead indeed.
07-22-2007 10:03 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
Tonks and Lupins deaths were the most shockful to me, as they just had a baby (Smilie) Which I thought was a bit mean...

yeah! :p but at least he's grown up nicely and naughty :p
I loved Mrs. Weasley, I thought she was going to get herself killed becuase she was mad.

I also liked when Harry thinks he saw it was DD's eye on the mirror, then gets to know it's Aberforth's and that he helped... that was cool.... Snape... well... he suffered a fate he didn't deserve but he knew what he was getting into... I think he considered Harry's fault that Lilly had died, because he wanted to kill the kid, not her, that's why Voldies offered her a chance... Snape wanted him to... so that's why he treated him bad, because when he saw him he blamed Lilly's death on him or he remembered James when he looked at harry, and it brought bad memories up again... He loathed Sirius because he refused to be their secret keeper.... He didn't deserve it, and he was really brave, indeed, never expected that....
07-22-2007 10:20 PM
Vazza

– / Female / –
So shall we start taking bets on the first fan fic title (well, the way that the book leaves it, it's open to those who can do so, to do it):

Albus Potter and the.......?

Start watching the usual haunts: fanfiction.net, deviantART.com....

* Vazza rofl
07-22-2007 10:24 PM
Pages: (8): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: