What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Conversation .xml medger.

Conversation .xml medger.
Author: Message:
thomasdk

O.P. Conversation .xml medger.
Well.. Lately i've been talking alot to people and i've the "save conversations" feature on, so everything gets saved.. but when a convo reaches around the 2-2,5 MB size it splits.. so i have like 3 .xml files for one of my contacts.. this is bugging me because i'd like to have everything in 1 file and i can't see why i have to split except that the loading time will be a bit bigger.. wouldn't bother me tho..

so i'm  asking if its possible, and if someone could make a script that either prevent this splitting and/or can medge .xml files..

i'm looking forward to respone. thanks.
07-26-2007 01:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
GNSPS

Coding is man's best friend...

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Conversation .xml medger.
I think that wouldn't be too hard to acomplish...  Just make it copy the content of one to another until it merges them all in one file only... I think  I can handle it...

This post was edited on 07-26-2007 at 01:51 AM by GNSPS.
07-26-2007 01:47 AM
GNSPS

32 / Male / Flag
I had never had the registry active but for the script making I had to... And I found out that registry isn't saved in xml files but in html instead... So I'm making one registry medger for html files as I assume you still want it.

This post was edited on 07-30-2007 at 06:45 PM by GNSPS.
07-30-2007 06:43 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
This has got nothing todo with the registry, GNSPS.

Conversations are either saved by Plus! in an XHTML file or either in a text file. Merging XHTML logs isn't just copying the contents of one file into the other. You need to copy specific parts of the file (the DIVs with class "mplsession"), not the whole thing.

And while you do so, you need to check the order of the sessions as they can be mixed up together in two files. Meaning one file can contain sessions A, C, F and the other B, D and E. So you shouldn't just merge the second file to the first one, or you get the wrong order: A, C, F, B, D, E....

The same story goes for Messenger logs which are saved as XML files.

This post was edited on 07-30-2007 at 07:14 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-30-2007 07:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
GNSPS

32 / Male / Flag
Thank you so much Cookie... Once again bothered explaining me (big damn noob) things of MP!L. That part of the xhtml files I knew it and I was doing the script so it would copy the whole "<body>" part and merge it into a big "<body>" part and only one file (probably wrong as I can see from your post)... but now you threw light into the matter... After all it's messenger logs and not MP!L registry... I'll check it out. Thanks once again Cookie

EDIT: I've reread the first post and he talked about "conversation saving" and those are stored in the html files... So what shall I work on? I'm a little confused here :P...

This post was edited on 07-31-2007 at 12:31 AM by GNSPS.
07-31-2007 12:25 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Forget about the registry, nobody talked about the registry and, concearning conversation logs, nothing is stored in the registry, neither for Plus!, neither for Messenger.

See my previous post.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-31-2007 06:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: