What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » new windows os - and no not vista!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
new windows os - and no not vista!
Author: Message:
Verte

RE: new windows os - and no not vista!
Slashdot were calling it Windows Se7en. I don't think it will be that kind of horror story- I actually do think they will deliver much of the nice things we were promised for Vista. But, time will tell.
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
07-31-2007 03:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by albert
The funny thing is that I read somewhere they had started working on it before finalizing what has been the multiples delays Windows Vista. :P

That's standard, they are probably already working on the successor of 'Seven' already, maybe not on real code yet, but thinking about features and stuff.

And if they already started with the code they can easily fix the bugs that are found while working on Vista in the next version.
[Image: 1-0.png]

07-31-2007 03:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Verte
Slashdot were calling it Windows Se7en....

lol, you gotta keep up with the times :P
leet speak in the name, now that would be a disaster.

you there's approximatly 50million lines of code in Vista. :O

This post was edited on 07-31-2007 at 03:35 PM by joey.

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
07-31-2007 03:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Verte

RE: RE: new windows os - and no not vista!
quote:
Originally posted by ICD
quote:
Originally posted by Verte
Slashdot were calling it Windows Se7en....

lol, you gotta keep up with the times :P
leet speak in the name, now that would be a disaster.

you there's approximatly 50million lines of code in Vista. :O

No no :) http://imdb.com/title/tt0114369/

Are they 50 million new lines? :)

Anyway, that's what, 10000 lines per developer? restricted to SMOP that'd be threeish months work [of course, there's a lot more than a simple matter of programming, because of those wonderful things called testing and revision cycles].
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
07-31-2007 03:47 PM
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
i was refering to windows using it. its bad enough they still make money and havent been destroyed or gone out of buniness. :P and then there's the crappy name's, that wouldnt really help i dont think, in my eyes it would be about as popular as the london olymics logo.

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
07-31-2007 04:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Verte

new windows os - and no not vista!
quote:
Originally posted by ICD
i was refering to windows using it. its bad enough they still make money and havent been destroyed or gone out of buniness. :P and then there's the crappy name's, that wouldnt really help i dont think, in my eyes it would be about as popular as the london olymics logo.

Awww, it's kind of nice they are letting blind people draw the logo. They are part of the world too!

Have you ever tried to think of a descriptive name for an operating system? Still, that name was just asking for bad Seinfield jokes etc.

Microsoft certainly have the resources to do something extraordinary with the next release, but I don't think they will. Even if they do, I'd still enjoy watching them suffer a net loss. I'd like to kick them in the pants for a few things. At least until they show some humility and respect for their customers.

-andrewdodd13
07-31-2007 04:26 PM
Nefzen

ahh! my fingers! my fingers!

34 / Male / Flag
well, it was supposed to be the next windows, and Vista was just supposed to be a middle OS, but then Vista took longer and longer, more and more people were needed to redo XP, and they want money.
so, this is it.
07-31-2007 06:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: