What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » 'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered.

'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered.
Author: Message:
lynntah

O.P. Cool  'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered.
Hi, I dont know if what Im about to complain is under the right forum thread (about a bug) but hopefully it is.. :)

First of all, Im currently using the latest version of msn live msgr plus and running on windows xp os system.

My problem is that everytime I hover my Action tab and my Tools tab back and forth, the Personalize Messenger options and the Billing information option will duplicate themselves following the number of times I actually hover on it. Its annoying and its been there since the first time I downloaded Plus! (which was I think two or three months ago)

I will give a print screen of what happens after how many hovering I did over the Actions and Tools tab on the taskbar.

If its not a bug or anything of that sort. could anyone please tell me what's actually wrong with my messenger??

thanks very much.

- lynnette.

.jpg File Attachment: New Picture.JPG (55.19 KB)
This file has been downloaded 176 time(s).
08-07-2007 02:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: 'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered.
Anybody knows the reason for that? I can't reproduce the problem with only Plus! running here.
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-08-2007 05:36 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
RE: 'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered.
cant reproduce...
08-08-2007 06:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
either can I, which makes me wonder if the user is using any other addons like Messenger Air Live, Stuffplug and the like?
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
08-08-2007 07:08 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
lynntah: Do you have any other add-ons for messenger? If so please list them.

Secondly, uninstall Plus! and tell us if the problem still occurs. 
[Image: jumbled.png]
08-08-2007 08:47 AM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
I've had this problem when I tried to remove those items with a-patch (maybe messpatch too).
unchecking the "remove billing information menu" option in a-patch will leave you with just one submenu
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
08-08-2007 11:48 AM
lynntah

O.P. Undecided  RE: RE: 'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hover
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
I've had this problem when I tried to remove those items with a-patch (maybe messpatch too).
unchecking the "remove billing information menu" option in a-patch will leave you with just one submenu

I don't quite understand what you mean here. I never use that a-patch before though. Please explain further?

and..

No, I don't have any other add-ons.

secondly, I tried uninstalling Plus! thrice I think but that didn't solve the problem either.

so yea.

any other solutions that I can try?

I am really running out of ideas of why my msgr could possibly behave that way.. If its a virus or anything then I thought my anti-virus should have detected it in the first place.

help..

thanks. :)
08-08-2007 03:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lynntah
secondly, I tried uninstalling Plus! thrice I think but that didn't solve the problem either.
In that case this isn't a Messenger Plus! problem at all, but a bug in Messenger itself. So this doesn't belong in this subforum.

As a matter of fact, a long while ago an extremely similar 'bug' was reported.

Make sure you run the latest Windows Live Messenger version.

Other than that, report it again to Microsoft using the Help > Send Feedback menu
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-09-2007 05:12 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: