What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Guitarists, step up!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Guitarists, step up!
Author: Message:
LifelesS

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Guitarists, step up!
quote:
Originally posted by ICD
my favourite guitarist is jimmy hendrix, not just because he was good, but because of the way he played the songs he did, and how he learnt and grew up, childhood etc. im not too keen on satriani, he's really good but not my sort of music. i was stuck listening to him at work experience in HMV for two whole weeks :P

thats because he's travis barker, and he owns on drums, he's not just good, he OWNS! =p bloody fast when he wnts to be too =p

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WPncumXZExo >>> he's rather good too, shits all over me anyway =p

AuCh.. he plays...

And I get to the point: band.
If it had a bass and a distortion guitar, overdriven or simply a normal electric, it would sound A LOT better. I think it's impossible to have a good music with only 1 instrument, no matter how good the guy that's playing is. It other sounds it's always better.

-----------------//----------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
I gots a Spider II, 15 watt 8 inch amp.

Mine's a Fender Frontman 15G - 38W, 15W R.M.S.

-----------------//----------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
Travis barker rulz <3

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3 (With the head bob=P)

exactly :P

edit: very beautiful guitar :P

This post was edited on 08-06-2007 at 03:57 PM by LifelesS.
Best Regards,
Joćo Godinho
08-06-2007 03:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Guitarists, step up!
I play bass. It's a Fender Squire P-Bass :p (can't complai cuz i got it for free)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-07-2007 02:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
LifelesS

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
I play bass. It's a Fender Squire P-Bass :p (can't complai cuz i got it for free)

Never tried bass... Doesn't call me either :P
Best Regards,
Joćo Godinho
08-07-2007 02:55 PM
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
i [did] know an awesome black guy that played bass. he was one of my tutors at college, and he owned on bass:P i only have small fingers, so its hard for me, but it sounds funky sometimes =p

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
08-07-2007 03:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
LifelesS

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ICD
i [did] know an awesome black guy that played bass. he was one of my tutors at college, and he owned on bass:P i only have small fingers, so its hard for me, but it sounds funky sometimes =p

lool

I haven't got any problem because of the size of my fingers lol

I think they go well with the guitar I have XD
Best Regards,
Joćo Godinho
08-07-2007 03:21 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
don't like bass ;<

It can be awesome but I'm not good at it =p
[Image: jumbled.png]
08-07-2007 04:14 PM
Vazza

– / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by LifelesS

What guitar(s) do you have?

I have an acoustic [don't ask me what it is] and I aquired a Classical one but I badly need to get both guitars restrung, not so much the acoustic although I think the strings are more likely to go now that I've started playing with a plectrum again.

quote:
How did you start liking guitars?
It started when I was about 11/12 when one of my primary school teachers taught us. I was one of the first to pick up the whole playing and singing at he same time thing. I never took it seriously and even in high school despite getting lessons I could never pick the whole finger picking thing up.

I'll have been playing for almost 9/10 years but it's only been recently that I've started teaching myself how to play again and taking it much more seriously and have considered...busking!
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7268 days, 17 hours, 57 minutes, 56 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
08-08-2007 06:05 PM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
Ok, I live for music. So here we go.

First, we have my classical guitar, lovely for chord playing, can't beat its sound, anything else though and its worse than useless.

[Image: 08082007002oq5.th.jpg]

After that we have my crappy 'lil Yam ERG 121. Part of a starters kit thing, had it awhile.

[Image: 08082007003zd9.th.jpg]

See though, I am at heart a bass player so....

[Image: sta41510wy7.th.jpg]

This one be me on stage with my Musicman Stingray, god I love that thing.

And this one be my latest acqusition, a Shine 5 string bass. You know, because you need the extra bit on the low end.

[Image: 08082007001gg5.th.jpg]

This last one is me playing a Gibson Les Paul (unfortunately not mine) in the studio. It was a mates, he was producing the session, which incidentaly was for his own project, so he gave me the lend of it.

[Image: 09052007013vb5.th.jpg]

I've allways been into music, I started off like most do, classically. So I learned to play the trumpet. A long while after I started to pick up other brass instruments, they are all fundamentally the same, just in different keys and whatever.

I'd been brought up on a strict diet of "cock rock". So it was no surprise that I wanted to be like any of them on stage. It wasn't until fortune pushed one of my mates who played trumpet with me onto the drums in our band.  Not long after he started his own rock band. A year later he sacked his guitarist, the bass player moved onto guitar and he chucked me a bass & told me to learn it & be at rehersal on Friday. Soon after he gave me lessons on the drums and last year I taught myself the guitar.

Now wasn't that a long post :)
08-08-2007 08:20 PM
LifelesS

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
quote:

What guitar(s) do you have?

I have an acoustic [don't ask me what it is] and I aquired a Classical one but I badly need to get both guitars restrung, not so much the acoustic although I think the strings are more likely to go now that I've started playing with a plectrum again.

quote:
How did you start liking guitars?
It started when I was about 11/12 when one of my primary school teachers taught us. I was one of the first to pick up the whole playing and singing at he same time thing. I never took it seriously and even in high school despite getting lessons I could never pick the whole finger picking thing up.

I'll have been playing for almost 9/10 years but it's only been recently that I've started teaching myself how to play again and taking it much more seriously and have considered...busking!

nice:)

Playing and singing at the same time does require coordenation and concentration... the hardest to me is strumming while singing, sometimes I get off rhythm:P because I'm left-handed and I play right-handed style, so chords for me are easy, keep a rhythm while strumming is more hard, though I can pick with my fingers easily...

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider

Ok, I live for music. So here we go.

First, we have my classical guitar, lovely for chord playing, can't beat its sound, anything else though and its worse than useless.

After that we have my crappy 'lil Yam ERG 121. Part of a starters kit thing, had it awhile.

See though, I am at heart a bass player so....

This one be me on stage with my Musicman Stingray, god I love that thing.

And this one be my latest acqusition, a Shine 5 string bass. You know, because you need the extra bit on the low end.

This last one is me playing a Gibson Les Paul (unfortunately not mine) in the studio. It was a mates, he was producing the session, which incidentaly was for his own project, so he gave me the lend of it.

I've allways been into music, I started off like most do, classically. So I learned to play the trumpet. A long while after I started to pick up other brass instruments, they are all fundamentally the same, just in different keys and whatever.

I'd been brought up on a strict diet of "cock rock". So it was no surprise that I wanted to be like any of them on stage. It wasn't until fortune pushed one of my mates who played trumpet with me onto the drums in our band.  Not long after he started his own rock band. A year later he sacked his guitarist, the bass player moved onto guitar and he chucked me a bass & told me to learn it & be at rehersal on Friday. Soon after he gave me lessons on the drums and last year I taught myself the guitar.

Now wasn't that a long post (Smilie)

Nice guitars.

My squier is also from a beginners pack.. however it's a really nice guitar, really happy with it.:P

I wish I could make a band, but I don't know of anyone who would like to... :\ playing and singing solo is all nice and bla bla, but it's better with a band.

Best Regards,
Joćo Godinho
08-08-2007 09:20 PM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
My squier is also from a beginners pack.. however it's a really nice guitar, really happy with it.
Btw, I wasn't mocking starter packs, I just don't like the one I have :p

Playing with a band is what its all about, thats where the magic happens.
08-08-2007 09:36 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: