What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Is there ANY way that...

Is there ANY way that...
Author: Message:
Vampire_Kitty

O.P. Is there ANY way that...
1)I used to use the old msg plus, I had a lot of setting saved. I have very long nails so I used to use the word replacement feature to correct my typos, I had about a hundred words saved. I was planning on useing the old file to add themtothe new liveplus, but have read somewhere in this forum that you cant do that, just thought I'd check again just to be sure?

2)I think I also read that you could directly import settings but that if u installedthe plus live on the same machinr, many of the setting would be transferred automatically, if this is the case then, what should I do? I used to use the old plus on my old computer but got a new one, I had this computer for a fewweeks useing messenger without the plus extension, then installed plus live without knowing thati should first reistall plus 3 in order tokeepmy settings.

What should I do? Do I have to get rid of plus live, then reinstal plus 3,then plus live? Only we cant use MSN mesenger 7.5 or whatever the non live version is called, you have to use live(you get a message) So does plus 3 workwith live? Which I guess is no, so are my settings gone forever?
09-18-2007 09:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Is there ANY way that...
All the settings you had in Plus!3 will be migrated to Plus!Live where possible...providing you have not uninstalled Plus!3 (including preferences). Yes, this also means you had to have Plus!3 installed once on that computer as you can't import Plus!3 settings into Plus!Live with the preferences backup.

As for the word replacement feature i don't think these will be transferred automaticly (i could be wrong tho..it's been so long ago since i switched), but you can still replace text you send with the quick texts (Plus > Preferences > Conversations > Quick Texts)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=849394]

Plus!3 will not work with Windows Live Messenger.

.png File Attachment: QuickTextReplaceTextSend.PNG (18.43 KB)
This file has been downloaded 348 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-18-2007 at 01:07 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
09-18-2007 01:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
darthziv

my problem is kind of similar
moved from 3 to live after reinstaling my computer....
i have my msgplus 3 files.... but my floating and personal names and contact info are gone
what can i do?
09-19-2007 09:31 PM
madis25

...But there have to at least possibility to read this information or save it to some readable format, because Microsoft has blocked using messenger 7.5!!!
I have same problem with huge amount of data written under acounts...
One solution is to hack 7.5 to cheat MSN server, to estabilish working this version at least temporary...
At the moment it's similar to diskcrash!

Yesss... at least something I found... To estabilish work old 7.5!
http://forum.mess.be/index.php?s=2fd6517795f891bd...69707&#entry169707

This post was edited on 09-22-2007 at 10:07 PM by WDZ.
09-22-2007 03:11 PM
darthziv

did you try it? did it work?
09-22-2007 04:26 PM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by madis25
...But there have to at least possibility to read this information or save it to some readable format, because Microsoft has blocked using messenger 7.5!!!
I have same problem with huge amount of data written under acounts...
One solution is to hack 7.5 to cheat MSN server, to estabilish working this version at least temporary...
At the moment it's similar to diskcrash!
View this thread for 7.5 temporary usage methods: Cannot Sign into MSN 7.5? READ HERE!
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6575 days, 5 hours, 8 minutes, 28 seconds ago.

09-22-2007 07:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: