What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! Conversations Saving Bug

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Messenger Plus! Conversations Saving Bug
Author: Message:
hugo_luiten

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger Plus! Conversations Saving Bug
i think i discover a bug or i dont find a option:

When you have  your conversations of MSN Messenger saved by Messenger Plus for example i log in with my adress and pass,and activate the registry.When my brother goes to the same computer( and log in with him mail) where i am and he activates the registry of conversations too , that the bug comes, in my opinion it shloud save the conversations into diferents folders , the conversations it shloud create a folder with my brothers email adress, and save him conversations there . And when i log in with my adress it should create another folder with my email adress and save my coversations is this other folder. In Messenger Plus options i only have two options (save by data, i think it is per months, that i have activated) an orther is ( save by email , i dont uderstand what it do) but i think as i said if two persons go to the same computer is should create 2 diferents folder with the log in email adress and save into the respective folders, is it possiveble? Or this option is available , i dont see it

This post was edited on 08-24-2007 at 02:58 PM by hugo_luiten.
08-19-2007 04:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus Conversations Registry Bug
this is already possible, as plus saved preferences for each users separately

1) log on msn with your account
2) go to chat log options (plus > preferences > conversations > chat logging)
3) change the file destination to something like C:\Documents and Settings\’user name’\My Documents\My Chat Logs\’your email’
4) click ok and sign out of messenger
5) log on messenger with your brothers account
6) change his file destination to C:\Documents and Settings\’user name’\My Documents\My Chat Logs\’his email’
7) click ok
08-19-2007 04:56 AM
hugo_luiten

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus Conversations Registry Bug
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
this is already possible, as plus saved preferences for each users separately

1) log on msn with your account
2) go to chat log options (plus > preferences > conversations > chat logging)
3) change the file destination to something like C:\Documents and Settings\’user name’\My Documents\My Chat Logs\’your email’
4) click ok and sign out of messenger
5) log on messenger with your brothers account
6) change his file destination to C:\Documents and Settings\’user name’\My Documents\My Chat Logs\’his email’
7) click ok

Obviously like this is possible but is more simple if Messenger Plus do it automatically for example i log in with my email and Messenger Plus create a folder with my adress email automatically and if my brother log in msn should create automatically a folder with his email and save into this folder his conversations , and for each different emails Messenger Plus shoud creates a folder with the log in email adress and save into the this folder his/her conversations .

so for each email adress that log in Messenger Plus should create a folder withe the log in email adress and save into this folder his/her conversations and do it for each email adress that log ins automatically , it shoud make it automatically NOT manually for example if i dont kone his/her passwork i cant log in so i cant make this process you explain above is better if Messenger Plus do it automaically.
08-19-2007 04:19 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I don't think that is a bug, that is how MP!L is coded. (I'll report this thread for to be moved to General Talk forum). But I agree with you. Different folders with different MSN addresses must be created automatically. Because, I have just tried, if two different people have the same contact, and their preferences for Chat Logging are the same in Messenger Plus! preferences, then the conversations of both of them are saved into a unique file. I found it annoying. If one user on a Windows account wants to log his chats from his different Windows Live IDs into a unique file, then let him make his Save Folder same. But for others, different folders must created in my opinion.
08-22-2007 08:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
hugo_luiten

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I don't think that is a bug, that is how MP!L is coded. (I'll report this thread for to be moved to General Talk forum). But I agree with you. Different folders with different MSN addresses must be created automatically. Because, I have just tried, if two different people have the same contact, and their preferences for Chat Logging are the same in Messenger Plus! preferences, then the conversations of both of them are saved into a unique file. I found it annoying. If one user on a Windows account wants to log his chats from his different Windows Live IDs into a unique file, then let him make his Save Folder same. But for others, different folders must created in my opinion.

Yes is how MP!L is coded , and other think i found is when the conversation registry is protected by password , why it can be deleted ( you cant delete if you have Windows live messenger opened, if you do it , it says that the file is been utilized by other program, but if you close Messenger you can delete is , i think it should be blocked by pass for view the docs and delete them even if Messenger is closed or opened.
08-22-2007 10:18 PM
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
About the delete thing, that's not really the job of msgplus to ckeck out, you should do that with NTFS File Perimissions.
[Image: 1-0.png]

08-22-2007 10:28 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by hugo_luiten
Yes is how MP!L is coded , and other think i found is when the conversation registry is protected by password , why it can be deleted ( you cant delete if you have Windows live messenger opened, if you do it , it says that the file is been utilized by other program, but if you close Messenger you can delete is , i think it should be blocked by pass for view the docs and delete them even if Messenger is closed or opened.

Chat logs can't be deleted (whether encrypted or not) when the conversation windows (not Messenger) are opened of the contacts who are the owners of those logs. Because when you open someone's chat window, Messenger Plus! opens and starts writing into his/her chat log file. This is normal Windows behaviour.

Also about the first subject, maybe Patchou wants people use different Windows accounts on a computer, i.e. not share one Windows account. So saving directly under ".../My Chat Logs", without seperating different Windows Live IDs' chats into different folders is more useful and convenient.

PS: I think "registry" is not the correct word about saving chats. You must use "save" or "log". I mean, for example, your topic must has been "Messenger Plus! Conversations Saving Bug". The word "registry" reminds me Windows Registry, and at first glance I thought you are talking about a Windows Registry bug.
08-23-2007 05:27 AM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
do you ever stop talking crap .............
quote:
maybe Patchou wants people use different Windows accounts on a computer, i.e. not share one Windows account. So saving directly under ".../My Chat Logs", without seperating different Windows Live IDs' chats into different folders is more useful and convenient.
:lol:
give one good reason why "Patchou wants people use different Windows accounts on a computer, i.e. not share one Windows account"

infact give any reason.

as for the thread, i've already explained how to have the chat logs serperated into different folders. patchou may well change it in the furture to save in '/my chat logs/email/' however as i'm sure most people only use one email, per windows account, it would just add a piontless folder

This post was edited on 08-23-2007 at 06:25 AM by toddy.
08-23-2007 06:25 AM
hugo_luiten

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

Chat logs can't be deleted (whether encrypted or not) when the conversation windows (not Messenger) are opened of the contacts who are the owners of those logs. Because when you open someone's chat window, Messenger Plus! opens and starts writing into his/her chat log file. This is normal Windows behaviour.

Also about the first subject, maybe Patchou wants people use different Windows accounts on a computer, i.e. not share one Windows account. So saving directly under ".../My Chat Logs", without seperating different Windows Live IDs' chats into different folders is more useful and convenient.

PS: I think "registry" is not the correct word about saving chats. You must use "save" or "log". I mean, for example, your topic must has been "Messenger Plus! Conversations Saving Bug". The word "registry" reminds me Windows Registry, and at first glance I thought you are talking about a Windows Registry bug.

Chat logs can be deleted even if encrypted  or not if you have messenger CLOSED

quote:

why is it more convenient i think it shloud be used in the next version of Plus

PS: When i sign in with my details in Messenger in 2 diferents computers why my photos and nick are not saved autoamtically for example and it is a feature of Messenger 8,1 is saving Display Picture in Servers and if you log in in diferents computers is shloud appear the same DP that you have on previously computer, why i dont appear with my account For example if my nick in pc1 is Hugo Luiten with colours and if a log in in the second computer it dont appear my current DP and nick is changed to Hugo why? should i mark something in Messenger options  Menu?
08-24-2007 03:09 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus Conversations Registry Bug
quote:
quote:
quote:

Chat logs can be deleted even if encrypted  or not if you have messenger CLOSED
I can delete my chat logs even if I have my messenger OPENED. So?

quote:

PS: When i sign in with my details in Messenger in 2 diferents computers why my photos and nick are not saved autoamtically for example and it is a feature of Messenger 8,1 is saving Display Picture in Servers and if you log in in diferents computers is shloud appear the same DP that you have on previously computer, why i dont appear with my account For example if my nick in pc1 is Hugo Luiten with colours and if a log in in the second computer it dont appear my current DP and nick is changed to Hugo why? should i mark something in Messenger options  Menu?
I didn't understand what you mean. But;
  • Display names in chat logs are the names which are current names while saving that chat.
  • You must tick an option in WLM preferences for roaming display pictures and personal messages. (Not for display names)
  • When you change your display name or picture, servers sometimes can't be updated with the new info instantly.
08-31-2007 07:57 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: