What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! Conversations Saving Bug

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Messenger Plus! Conversations Saving Bug
Author: Message:
hugo_luiten

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus Conversations Registry Bug
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
[options  Menu?
I didn't understand what you mean. But;
  • Display names in chat logs are the names which are current names while saving that chat.
  • You must tick an option in WLM preferences for roaming display pictures and personal messages. (Not for display names)
  • When you change your display name or picture, servers sometimes can't be updated with the new info instantly.

yes is that my problem also when i sign in with my account in different computers my nickname and DPs are not saved and i dont know why is just to sincronize this things and its a feature of WLM 8,1 where i have to mark to always save nickname and DPs in all computers i sign in i have to do it in all computers that i sign in or just in one , could you say to my step by step how to do it .
09-03-2007 02:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Conversations Saving Bug
quote:
Originally posted by hugo_luiten
yes is that my problem also when i sign in with my account in different computers my nickname and DPs are not saved and i dont know why is just to sincronize this things and its a feature of WLM 8,1 where i have to mark to always save nickname and DPs in all computers i sign in i have to do it in all computers that i sign in or just in one , could you say to my step by step how to do it .
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Yes, it's called roaming.

quote:
Originally posted by [url
http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5B410F7FD930829E!25206.entry]Roaming[/url] Identity  - Your display name follows you any place you sign into. Now your display picture and personal message will follow you too. If you would prefer they stayed in place you can turn this off (Tools->Options->General -> Sign In -> "Use the same display picture....")

[Image: attachment.php?pid=789590]
I think that option is also roaming, I mean, when you change it on one computer, it will change on a second computer accordingly when you sign in there. Because if that option is not roaming, then it would not make sense in my opinion. (I didn't bother to try it)

Nicknames used to be roaming before even Live version of Messenger. But roaming display pictures and personal messages is avaliable only on WLM 8.1 and above. But if you sign in on a previous version before 8.1, then you can't use the display picture and personal message stored on the server.
09-03-2007 07:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
hugo_luiten

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Conversations Saving Bug
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Yes, it's called roaming.

quote:
Originally posted by [url
http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5B410F7FD930829E!25206.entry]Roaming[/url] Identity  - Your display name follows you any place you sign into. Now your display picture and personal message will follow you too. If you would prefer they stayed in place you can turn this off (Tools->Options->General -> Sign In -> "Use the same display picture....")

[Image: attachment.php?pid=789590]
I think that option is also roaming, I mean, when you change it on one computer, it will change on a second computer accordingly when you sign in there. Because if that option is not roaming, then it would not make sense in my opinion. (I didn't bother to try it)

Nicknames used to be roaming before even Live version of Messenger. But roaming display pictures and personal messages is avaliable only on WLM 8.1 and above. But if you sign in on a previous version before 8.1, then you can't use the display picture and personal message stored on the server.

i used wlm 8,1 (lastest build) and i have this option marked (on both computers) and it dont save DPs and nickname why?
09-03-2007 07:49 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
i used wlm 8,1 (lastest build) and i have this option marked (on both computers) and it dont save DPs and nickname why?
Nickname is already roaming without that option's effect.

Do you have a Windows Live Space associated with your Windows Live ID which you use in Messenger? If yes, then visit your profile page on your Windows Live Space and check if any picture is stored there. The first picture will be the display picture of Messenger. [Image: attachment.php?pid=846512]

Also I'll repeat something;
quote:
  • When you change your display name or picture, servers sometimes can't be updated with the new info instantly.

PS: Don't double post, edit your post if needed, now please delete your first post of last two.

.png File Attachment: profile.PNG (60.6 KB)
This file has been downloaded 309 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-03-2007 at 09:54 PM by ahmetgns.
09-03-2007 09:53 PM
hugo_luiten

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Nickname is already roaming without that option's effect.

Do you have a Windows Live Space associated with your Windows Live ID which you use in Messenger? If yes, then visit your profile page on your Windows Live Space and check if any picture is stored there. The first picture will be the display picture of Messenger. [Image: attachment.php?pid=846512]

Also I'll repeat something;
quote:

PS: Don't double post, edit your post if needed, now please delete your first post of last two.

No i dont have live spaces associated with my email adress so why it dont sincronise picture and nickname?
09-04-2007 07:32 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
No i dont have live spaces associated with my email adress so why it dont sincronise picture and nickname?
I have just remembered that, even if you don't have a Windows Live Space, your profile always exists. You can still visit your profile page from "Windows Live Messenger Options window > Personal (First tab) > General Profile part" , click on Edit Profile button there. Then your profile page will be opened and you can still see the picture there.

[list][*]If your display picture exists there, then it means that your messenger sends the display picture to the servers but can't retrieve it.

[*]If it doesn't exist there, then it means that your messenger can't even send the display picture to the servers.
09-06-2007 11:36 AM
hugo_luiten

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
I have just remembered that, even if you don't have a Windows Live Space, your profile always exists. You can still visit your profile page from "Windows Live Messenger Options window > Personal (First tab) > General Profile part" , click on Edit Profile button there. Then your profile page will be opened and you can still see the picture there.

[list][*]If your display picture exists there, then it means that your messenger sends the display picture to the servers but can't retrieve it.

[*]If it doesn't exist there, then it means that your messenger can't even send the display picture to the servers.

When i click on edit profile button i recive an email from live spaces and it create automatically a live space i go to profile and obviously dont have any photos there because i dont have live spaces before, so photos must be there to roaming feature?, so why i have to do just but a image in msn or what? upload it to profile?
09-06-2007 11:44 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by hugo_luitenWhen i click on edit profile button i recive an email from live spaces and it create automatically a live space i go to profile and obviously dont have any photos there because i dont have live spaces before, so photos must be there to roaming feature?, so why i have to do just but a image in msn or what? upload it to profile?

It seems Microsoft is forcing people to have a Windows Live Space. My two test accounts have their own spaces now :(

Change your display picture (well, you can change your display name or personal message as well) once more from inside Messenger with the roaming option is enabled in your messenger, then visit your profile again. Last picture (and/or name ans psm) may be seen there after that. Don't forget, first picture is Messenger display picture, second one is profile picture.

Even if you can upload new messenger pictures from inside that profile page, I couldn't get it work. After I changed my display picture from that page, my wlm couldn't retrieve it when I signed in. So changing it from that page may not help. Yet, it is worth to give it a try.

Really I don't know why your messenger behaves like that.

PS: I recommend you to "Choose a web address" for your space. It should have given you a temporary strange address which starts with cid-..... You can find the "Choose a web address " link on main page of your space.
09-06-2007 12:11 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: