What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » CID virus Trojan in system restore

CID virus Trojan in system restore
Author: Message:
anchorageb2

O.P. CID virus Trojan in system restore
I did a have a virus. i downloaded the newset version and had delete so much. I had ad ware everywhere.

I really love messenger plus but now i am scared to try downloading it again. I had turn off my sytem restore and do alrge memory dump then find each infected sytem file and delete them manually because it was not recognises by a any virus program I ran. it was actually a Spy remover program that found it and I had to run three of them before one actually told me there was adware  but it didnt remove it permantely because it was in the system restore.
I am not the only one who who had this problem when downloading this program. Several other people had the same problem. What is wierd is they were not all the same.

My spy bot after downloading this found 27 adware programs running but the CID one was definatley in your messenger program.
Oh and I did not download it from another site.
08-19-2007 06:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
RE: CID virus Trojan in system restore
you can install plus without the adware... just dont accept the adware and you can still use plus :)
08-19-2007 06:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
High Speed Chaser

Don't mess with the Wambulance!

– / Male / Flag
[Image: attachment.php?pid=770988]

If you choose the second option then you don't install ad-ware.
If only I knew what I should put here
08-19-2007 06:56 AM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
Important: If you have problems uninstalling Messenger Plus! Live, REINSTALL with the sponsor and then perform an uninstall again.  Removing the ad-ware seperate from the uninstaller can damage the uninstaller.

You can get full instructions at the following URL: How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor
08-19-2007 06:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Don't worry, they will always be popping up in the system restore folder, they are not dangerous at all. Your virus scanner is just finding files which won't work without the rest of the program backuped up in your system restore. Although removing them from system restore may seem like a bad idea, it is perfectly safe as those files are not required to repair your system :).

I had the same problem with AVG picking up C2LOP over and over again.
08-19-2007 01:38 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
This is not a virus, just an adware program and it installs only one. If you want to remove the sponsor, just use the Messenger Plus! uninstaller and don't try to do anythign with system restore, an antispyware program, etc... the sponsor is liek any other software: to uninstall it, use its own program.
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-19-2007 08:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: