What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Erase chat logs

Erase chat logs
Author: Message:
Eternalbaka

O.P. Erase chat logs
Hi everyone!

I'm posting here because I'd like to know if it was possible to erase chat logs which are on the web (you know, the HTML page). For some reasons I want to erase a log.
Does anybody know how to do it, please?
I'm sorry, I didn't search before posting, because I don't have much time and I'm not really used to search topic in English... >.<

This post was edited on 08-21-2007 at 04:11 PM by Eternalbaka.
08-21-2007 03:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Erase chat logs
Chat logs of WLM and Messenger Plus! are HTML files (except encrpyted ones), but it doesn't mean that they are stored on the web. All of them are at your computer, probably in "My Documents" folder, just find them and delete normally.
08-21-2007 05:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Eternalbaka

O.P. RE: Erase chat logs
I see...
Thanks for the reply! :)
08-21-2007 05:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Erase chat logs
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Chat logs of WLM and Messenger Plus! are HTML files (except encrpyted ones), but it doesn't mean that they are stored on the web. All of them are at your computer, probably in "My Documents" folder, just find them and delete normally.

Actually, WLM chat logs are stored as XML files, not HTML files. Plus! chat logs are either HTML or txt, unless they are encrypted in which case they are .ple.

Either way, the default directory for Plus! logs is My Documents\My Chat Logs (you can check this by going to Plus>Preferences>Conversations>Chat Logging).

The default for WLM chat logs (as far as I am aware) is My Documents\My Received Files\<first part of your email + Messenger User ID>\History (you can check this by going to Tools>Options>Messages).

Hope this helps
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
08-21-2007 05:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Erase chat logs
You can find out where your logs are by going to Plus > Preferences > Conversations > Chat Logging

If you log with messenger itself you can find wich folder by going to Tools > Options > Messages...under Message History

Neither of the above chatlogs are stored online.

If you are using some script (e.g. Online Chat Logger) or other program to store your chats online you best look into the settings and options of that.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
08-21-2007 05:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: