What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbox?

Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbox?
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbox?
Sometimes, I want to send some of my previous messages all together in one message, but if I use Ctrl+Up to recall previously sent messages and select second message after selecting one, the former previously sent message is replaced with the latter one, so I can't recall and send both of them in a unique message. Can you fix it such that whenever we recall a previously sent message, let Plus! just add it where the cursor blinks withour clearing all texts in the box?

For example; I sometimes want to repeat my message with adding "I said |<Here, recall my previous message>
09-10-2007 12:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbo
better the way it is now

save deleting & editing if you select the wrong line of text

This post was edited on 09-10-2007 at 12:39 PM by toddy.
09-10-2007 12:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbox?
Added a way to do it in version 4.50: just keep Ctrl key pressed when selecting the message to send.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-10-2007 05:36 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbox?
Thanks Patchou.

But most of the time I browse messages with Up button. Will it do that trick to keep Ctrl key pressed while browsing messages with Up button? I mean I don't want to take my hand away from my keyboard while I'm chatting with somebody.

Even if not possible, thanks again for that smart addition.
09-10-2007 09:12 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbox?
sure thing, it will work all the same :). You'll only need to press Ctrl when you select the message (so when you press Enter for instance).
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-12-2007 04:20 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: