What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Cannot Sign into MSN 7.5? READ HERE!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Cannot Sign into MSN 7.5? READ HERE!
Author: Message:
alegator

RE: Cannot Sign into MSN 7.5? READ HERE!
Yes Nagamasa, I downloaded WinHex and I opened msnmgr.exe with it but have no clue as to how to edit it. It looks like chinese to me :-)
09-15-2007 06:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
salez

Download res hacker, open msnmsgr.exe, just go to version window and change 7 to 8 and it's all :)

But now i have another problem, i cannot install msg plus on that 'hacked' 7.5 messenger. Does anyone have any idea ? :)

This post was edited on 09-16-2007 at 11:02 AM by salez.
09-16-2007 10:56 AM
alegator

CAn you provide a link to download res hacker? Thanks
09-16-2007 04:59 PM
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by alegator
CAn you provide a link to download res hacker? Thanks
Use google!
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=reshacker&...oogle+Search&meta=
[Image: Zahid.png]
09-16-2007 05:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ski 7.5

Hey guys, why make it so difficult??

Just leave the 7.5 version, go to the program folder, rightclick on the msnmsgr.exe, select properties, and set the compatibility mode to "Windows 2000". Now you can use it under XP without any problem, also the Messenger Plus works fine!

Keep the 7.5 alive!!

ski
09-16-2007 07:00 PM
alegator

Zahid, yeah, I know about Google! :-) , but I asked a link to make sure the version he was referring to, because there are different types of res hacker utilities. Anyway, I tried what he suggested and I confirm that the trick works except that Plus! does not work as it thinks that v8 is installed.
ski 7.5, yes, we're using win2000 compatibility mode to override the issue, but it is only a temporary/imperfect solution. Firstly, eventually Microsoft will ban this too, and second Win2000 compatibility mode creates some minor issues in the MSN/Plus! functionality (for example the Email button stops working).
09-16-2007 08:09 PM
nikosATH

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Cannot Sign into MSN 7.5? READ HERE!
quote:
Originally posted by alegator
Zahid, yeah, I know about Google! :-) , but I asked a link to make sure the version he was referring to, because there are different types of res hacker utilities. Anyway, I tried what he suggested and I confirm that the trick works except that Plus! does not work as it thinks that v8 is installed.
ski 7.5, yes, we're using win2000 compatibility mode to override the issue, but it is only a temporary/imperfect solution. Firstly, eventually Microsoft will ban this too, and second Win2000 compatibility mode creates some minor issues in the MSN/Plus! functionality (for example the Email button stops working).

Also I would add the webcamera chat seems to be having many problems in the compatibility mode and any software camera enhancement programs stop working...
The "hacked" version has no problem with MSG plus at least for me... just make sure to REPLACE all the hacked files in the folder they are (do not try to reinstall)
09-17-2007 09:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Cannot Sign into MSN 7.5? READ HERE!
quote:
Originally posted by nikosATH
Also I would add the webcamera chat seems to be having many problems in the compatibility mode and any software camera enhancement programs stop working...
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Some people says the above works, while some says it does not. Again, do not to accept webcam session invitations from those you don't know or trust, because in theory, you're still vulnerable.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6564 days, 23 hours, 10 minutes, 37 seconds ago.

09-17-2007 11:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
nikosATH

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Cannot Sign into MSN 7.5? READ HERE!
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nikosATH
quote:
Some people says the above works, while some says it does not. Again, do not to accept webcam session invitations from those you don't know or trust, because in theory, you're still vulnerable.

1. I simply dont believe that the "security risk" excuse tha Microsoft uses to forse the stupid update is serious... use common sence in everything you do in an internet communication
2. It would make sence to use a properly configured HARDWARE firewall that protects from all intruder attempts wheather using MSN or not
3. Not accepting any kind of "invitation" or file or gift (!) from people you don't trust is again common sence that applies in MSN, internet or out in the streets :)
09-17-2007 11:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
alegator

RE: RE: RE: Cannot Sign into MSN 7.5? READ HERE!
quote:
[i]Originally posted by nikosATH
The "hacked" version has no problem with MSG plus at least for me... just make sure to REPLACE all the hacked files in the folder they are (do not try to reinstall)

Can you explain in more detail what steps to follow? Thanks
09-17-2007 06:20 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: