What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging

Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging
Author: Message:
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging
I had a problem with a Toshiba Satellite M70 - 340 laptop harddisk, but everything else was working perfectly, and it was possible to run it on battery. So i sent it to a maintanance shop where they changed the hardisk and installed a new fresh copy of Windows XP. After i received it back i found that I'm not able to turn it on except when it is plugged to the electricity, and after a bit or looking around I discovered that the battery is not charging.

In addition to that, when i first plug the laptop to the electricity while it is turned off, the battery yellow/orange LED turns on only for like 3 seconds. And while it is turned on, the LED is always off, and the battery icon on the tray states that the laptop is running on AC, and does not say that battery is charging, it keeps saying 1% remaining.

I have also tried leaving it plugged to AC while it is turned off, hoping it might recharge, but i bite the dust.

So what would cause the battery not to charge if between a day and another (and just by changing the HDD and installing a new copy of windows XP) the battery stopped working?

Thank you

This post was edited on 09-16-2007 at 10:27 AM by zaher1988.
09-16-2007 10:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging
The battery may of become damaged while they were repairing your laptop. You can buy a new one, but the maintenance shop should pay as it seems they caused this problem.

Cheer up, eat a delicious, hot, creamy muffin.
09-16-2007 10:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging
Thanks absorbation.

I was just wondering, does a BIOS update or a hardware driver  fix this? I mean does a battery need some sort of driver or software to function?
09-16-2007 10:33 AM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
I was just wondering, does a BIOS update or a hardware driver  fix this? I mean does a battery need some sort of driver or software to function?

No, it's a manual thing, hence why it charges when your laptop is off :P.
09-16-2007 10:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
manual thing, hence why it charges when your laptop is off

Yeah well:P i just thought of it as a possibility.
09-16-2007 10:55 AM
Verte

The A70s were notorious for the solder between the power connection and the motherboard fracturing, it wouldn't surprise me if your M70 was suffering from a similar ailment. If your laptop is still under warranty, get that looked at, otherwise, there are tutorials here on how to fix this [for an A70, but I'm sure you will follow].

This post was edited on 09-16-2007 at 06:04 PM by Verte.
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
09-16-2007 06:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: