What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Need Help!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Need Help!
Author: Message:
Verte

RE: Need Help!
Ah, the fabled c00021a, upset Gina.

I was sure we'd discussed this before on here but I couldn't find it.

Maybe booting from some kind of LiveCD, you could check out NTUser.dat and the Gina & domain controller related .dlls.

Still, it's a wonder Windows would let you delete any of that stuff, so that might not be it.

EDIT: I remember there may have been talk about a particular update that broke the domain controller etc on a handful of systems, so you might not have caused it. Unless, of course, you have a rough idea of what you deleted.

This post was edited on 09-29-2007 at 08:36 AM by Verte.
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
09-29-2007 08:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tadillac

WoWhead

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Need Help!
When my computer boots up it automatically goes to the old school logon screen.  I then use the Administrator name and it does the same thing.  Shows a different background and then saves settings and logs out.
09-29-2007 06:16 PM
Verte

RE: Need Help!
Do you remember what you deleted?

Do you have a LiveCD of some sort or another computer you can stick this hard drive in to poke around on it?
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
09-30-2007 05:29 AM
Tadillac

WoWhead

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Need Help!
No I don't have another computer that I can plug the hard drive into.  I really wish I did, but I got rid of it a while back.
10-01-2007 04:27 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: