I need to present a small report at univ and the topic that I selected was the environment. A physical survey has already been performed and now an online one is needed so I was hoping you people could help me
The question, though not a perfect one, is if under a hypothetical condition it ever comes down to the point where all gasoline vehicles must be discarded and say only electric vehicles be used, would you do it?
What you must know is that in this case electric cars
- are very costly.
- need a lot of electricity (and electricity is quite costly).
- do not cause any pollution what so ever.
Also, since the number of vehicles are down quite a bit, the government increases the number of public transport options. So now public transport isn't crowded, always on time (we're learning from Japan perhaps?
If nothing else, this is "hypothetical"
), comfortable and very frequent.
Now your options are
- I'd much rather use public transport.
- I'd go for it without a second thought.
- I'd go for it but grumble about it a lot.
- I'd be a rebel and still use gasoline cars.
- Use another alternative. (Fuel cell technology )
I'd be thankful to everyone who posts and votes here. If your reply is good enough, you'll be quoted in the report and be immortalised forever
(well.. this report will be documented and used by other people ever researching on this topic
This isn't just about cars. Its about all gasoline vehicles we're using.
Another question: How do you travel everyday?
My answer: Public transport (Buses and trains) and walking. On the rare occasion I use my motorcycle