What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Boy 11 Drives around.

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Boy 11 Drives around.
Author: Message:
wolfeboy100

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Boy 11 Drives around.
Well as my American Government teacher told me, we can afford free health insurance just the same way as the Great Britain does.
[Image: signature-user=76&back=4&clr=106,141,166&size=100.png]
10-07-2007 04:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
So long as it isn't mismanaged like our NHS.
Patrica Hewitt did nothing good to the NHS, just made it more of a money black hole.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-07-2007 05:12 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Yeah, the NHS may be free, but it sure is ugly :P
[Image: jumbled.png]
10-07-2007 06:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
true i am currently doctorless in my on-going back problems as my last doc quit and i was never assigned a new one, we've been sending angry letters etc for months still no progress just letters of excuses for not sending out other letters yet 'we're sorry it's taking longer than expected to reply to you, we are looking into your case and will let you know by the end of the week' ..... repeat letter next week
10-07-2007 07:48 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
What that means is they haven't done a damn thing, as they can't be bothered with all the red tape that now surrounds even buying new bog roll for the hospital loos. Ultimately, if you want the best healthcare in the UK, go BUPA. Otherwise, you could always try camping at a GP until they agree to see you.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-07-2007 08:24 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
I can't get BUPA yet, and I'm not covered under my fathers either. It's a shame as my grandmother worked for the NHS for a very long time, retired and they pleaded her to come back again and again. yet despite that she has been treated like crap for actual treatment; you'd think someone they desperately want/need they might show an ounce of respect for.

Meh less about this, I'll wage my war alone (mostly), this thread's about a boy helping out his parents but suffering by the hand of the law in America for 'breaking the rules', not healthcare system conditions globally, I'll leave that to Michael Moore and other threads

This post was edited on 10-07-2007 at 09:50 PM by aNILEator.
10-07-2007 09:44 PM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
I'm not American (Citizenship doesn't mean I'm American..), yet I live here and I feel offended (not mad, offended :P) by all of your generalizations.. If this boy's family had been born elsewhere it would've happened elsewhere.. don't come to me with the bs that this doesn't happen in england or whatever. :undecided:
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
10-07-2007 09:49 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
well in some respects this wouldn't happen in many other countries; He wouldn't have been driving his father to hospital had there been a health service of some description available to collect his father and take him to hospital, or have a home visit service.

As for his mother well I don't know whether she can drive or whether burger king is a long walk or bike ride away or whatever, but I doubt she wants her child to drive her to work ever, I'm sure a friend/family member or public service (bus etc) could help her get to work.

As for the kid, breaking speed limits whilst in chase from the cops really isn't the best of ideas. Just thinking is there any way he could claim ignorance of the charges against him at all?

This post was edited on 10-07-2007 at 09:58 PM by aNILEator.
10-07-2007 09:57 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by q25
.. don't come to me with the bs that this doesn't happen in england or whatever. (Smilie)

This would not happen in England.

Most of our 11 yr olds are about having sex and drinking white lighting in public parks while shouting abusive language at anyone who looks at them :)
10-07-2007 11:23 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
Most of our 11 yr olds are about having sex and drinking white lighting in public parks while shouting abusive language
oh.... the good old days :cheesy:
10-07-2007 11:28 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: