What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Dreams of becoming a DJ..

Dreams of becoming a DJ..
Author: Message:
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Dreams of becoming a DJ..
Hi there Plus!ers :p.

As the topic says, I have great dreams to become a DJ (and an economist in full time also lol). However, I've never been in touch with this environment and am currently looking for some advice (potentially free advice, that is lol)

I really like hip hop (good hip hop of course) and after having 'studied' it a bit and knowing more from the late 80's / 90's,  I think I now have enough  to start my dream. Starting with some simple mixes, just making compilations of songs I love, getting to know the 'game' works, get my idea?

Just look at DJ Premier's MPC + Sampling + Scratching great job in this video : (watch the first 50 seconds) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCU-qgR_4bM ... Just love the beat he makes on the MPC and the scratch / sample fits so greeeat. Doing that is my dream made into images lol.

Knowning some members have experience in this area (Exca, MC Inferno), I would like to ask them what should I read and what should I learn prior to buying gear and learning how to work with it.. I'm looking to buy some used mixers / decks for my first experience, but I really don't know what to pick and, further more, I don't even know if this is the right place to start on.

Just to conclude my hopes and dreams, I do not exclude House music from my horizons but I want to start with some type of music I'm into, and as I know very little about House... :P

For all of you who are saying "WHY IS THIS IN TECH TALK?!?!one", well, it's about TECHNOLOGIC musical aid lol (and how to start using it too)

Thanks y'all :)

This post was edited on 10-08-2007 at 01:45 PM by Jhrono.
The world is yours
10-08-2007 01:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Dreams of becoming a DJ.. - by Jhrono on 10-08-2007 at 01:44 PM
RE: Dreams of becoming a DJ.. - by Snake on 10-08-2007 at 02:29 PM
RE: Dreams of becoming a DJ.. - by toddy on 10-08-2007 at 03:30 PM
RE: Dreams of becoming a DJ.. - by Jhrono on 10-08-2007 at 05:33 PM
RE: Dreams of becoming a DJ.. - by Lourix on 10-08-2007 at 07:17 PM
RE: Dreams of becoming a DJ.. - by Jhrono on 10-08-2007 at 08:15 PM
RE: Dreams of becoming a DJ.. - by Voldemort on 10-08-2007 at 09:25 PM